Friday, March 30, 2012

What is your Guilty Viewing Pleasure?

I think most of us have a guilty viewing pleasure on TV or in movies.  No, I am not talking anything X-rated here. ;)  I think I am typical of most women in that I like the funny love stories, the cooking shows, home improvement shows, certain sitcoms, etc..  However, I also have a secret guilty viewing pleasure that only my family knows about. ;)




 

Yes folks, natural disaster movies are my guilty viewing pleasure!  I have always been fascinated by weather and natural events.  I blame growing up in Hawaii with an active volcano and the movies Wizard of Oz and Shangra La for the start of my deep rooted addiction.  Lately I have been staying up late into the night watching these disaster movies before I go to bed.  I get all comfy cozy on the couch, cuddled under a blanket, cat in my lap and I escape into the natural disaster Hollywood style world.  The cats love this but I think the dog is a bit disturbed by my viewing habits and frequently goes into the bedroom to go to sleep without me.  She will come out to check on me periodically and gives me that "seriously mom?" look.  I also think my husband is secretly relieved that I choose to watch most of these movies while he is at work. ;)

So folks, what is your "not have to be censored";) Guilty Viewing Pleasure?

1 comment:

  1. I don't really have a "guilty viewing pleasure". I like some of just about any genre of movie. . . I used to really like the scary movies (Dracula, Alfred Hitchcock, etc.) but the newer ones are just blood and gore - I like the suspense ones, not the hacker ones. Only newer one I thought worthwhile was "Signs" - one with Mel Gibson *sigh* and had no sex, no blood, so swearing. That movie knew that sometimes what you DON'T see is scarier than what you DO see.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!