Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dreaming About Spring and Gardening

 Here it is January and I am already dreaming of Spring!  I took the above picture two Springs ago in my front yard and it remains one of my favorites.
This is a view of the same garden about 3 weeks after that.  We had a late snowstorm that dumped snow on my precious flowers.  It soon melted off and luckily it did not do too much damage to those precious blossoms.

I recently received a Gurney's Seed and Nursery Catalog in the mail and have been going through it and dreaming about my garden for this year.  I have picked out so many things that I would love to have but then reality hits as I look out to the veggie garden plot and see the weeds that took over and now lay dead out there.  I need to either come up with a better way to keep the weeds down or I need to scale back the garden a bit.  This past year was a horrible one for growing tomatoes while the year before was fantastic.  I managed to grow cucumbers for the first time this past year but sunflowers were stunted.  Every year is different...I still had raspberries putting on fruit into November and that has never happened before.  So I will sit here, sip my tea and dream of my Spring flowers and plan out my dream veggie garden and then will scale it back by half. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!