Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Club Sandwich Generation?

I'm sure you have all heard of the sandwich generation where people are caring for their own children and for their aging parents as well.  That got me to wondering if there was an official name for the generation and position I find myself in at this time in my life.  My inlaws are getting on in age and are going to needing more help soon.  My wonderful sis-in-love, best brother-in-love in the world and my niece now live with them and that has been a wonderful blessing for all of them.  However, we are getting to a point where they are may need help with them also in the near future.  My husband and I will be doing what we can to help.  We also have our first grandchild on the way and will be helping out with his care.  So is there a name for us?  Are we the Club Sandwich generation since there is another layer of bread (our own adult children which we are also trying to help with any needs they may have) in the mix?  Please don't get me wrong, I have great grown children whom I love dearly and they are doing fine, but as a parent, we are still there for them and want to help them in any way we can.  My son has asked me if I will help with care for my grandson and I am thrilled to be able to help with him and have that special Grammie time.  I'm not complaining at all. :)  I'm just wondering about the official name (if there is one) for others like me who are also doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!