Saturday, April 7, 2012

Welcome Spring Tuna-Broccoli Pasta Salad



Today we celebrate the sun being out and the weather finally being warm.  I have laundry hanging out on the line drying and my hubby is busy working on a remodeling project.  After a long Winter my taste buds were longing for something fresh tasting for lunch today.  This is one of those things that I just throw together and frequently add other veggies to also. :)

Tuna-Broccoli Pasta Salad


1 package dry pasta (I prefer a substantial pasta that will hold it's shape)
1 head of broccoli chopped
2 bunches green  finely chopped
1 large can of tuna, drained
about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of mayo
celery salt to taste


Cook your pasta according to the package direction until just about done.  Add your chopped broccoli for the last 4 minutes of your pasta cooking time.  Drain and run under cool water to stop the cooking process and get the pasta nice and cold.  Drain again.  Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix your tuna, mayo and green onions.  Add your pasta and broccoli to this, stir to mix together.  Add celery salt to taste. 

This recipe is so easy and good!  It's a great "go to" recipe for potlucks and picnics and will not break the bank to make. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Debbie - I do something similar, only I sometimes substitute cut up, cooked chicken for the tuna and ranch dressing for the mayo. Ymmmm! Now you have me wanting some too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds really good Denise! I'll have to try that. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!