Saturday, October 24, 2015

Surgery is Done and Recovery Begins


  I finally had my surgery on Tuesday and all went well.  Jeff and my hanai sister Shannon were there with me and kept me calm while we waited and kept me amused while we once again waited in recovery. ;)  The entire staff at Pullman Regional Hospital were so kind, fun, helpful and caring.  I really do believe I got some of the best care around.  

  My goal coming out of the surgery was to be able to come home later that day.  My doctor and I had discussed it before hand and he told me if all went well and I was feeling ok, that I could.  My surgery took longer than originally planned when they found some endometriosis and took care of that too.  I woke up in the recovery area a bit nauseous, but some medication took care of that rather quickly.  I was able to hold some food down and came home that evening and sleep in my own bed.

   Jeff was home the first 2 days and nights with me and then my DIL Rachel came to stay on Thursday and into Friday (we had a fun girl's night).  Jaysn also surprised me with a visit on Thursday. My parents came out came out to visit on Wednesday and Thursday for a bit and them came to stay with us on Friday and will be here through Monday (unless something changes and I need them to stay longer).  My cousin is coming out for dinner tonight and Chris will be here for breakfast Sunday morning and then we will be joining Jaysn and Rachel for a birthday lunch for Jaysn.  We decided to have me wait to see my grandkids for a little while since they will not understand how much it hurts Grammie to be hugged or touched near my tummy right now.  I miss them and my DIL Heather terribly.

   I have been napping about twice a day while everyone else takes care of me and things around the house.  I'm finally able to start easing back on my pain meds a bit and am healing nicely according to the doctor I saw on Friday for some bleeding issues.  I do get tired and sore quickly, but that is to be expected.  I am just so thankful for all the help that I have been getting from everyone. :)

   One of the things that I have noticed is that my allergies have not been as bad since I had this done.  I am really hoping this continues so I don't have to go through all the allergy testing next once I am healed up from this.  I'm also feeling better in general than I have in a very long time, so that in itself is a huge answer to prayer.

   I know that healing is a process and that I need to listen to my body.  That has been the hardest thing for me.  I WANT to do things for myself, but I also know that I need to let others take care of me at the moment.  My family and friends have gone above and beyond to make sure that I do rest and don't overdo it.  Speaking of which, I am getting tired again and need to go and lie down for a bit.  Sitting up for too long or being on my feet for too long wears me out and causes strain on my tummy muscles.  Since we will have company later, I need to rest up now.



  1. So glad to hear that you're healing and have so much support. Scott and I are sending love and hopes for a very swift recovery! XO!

    1. Thanks Marisa and Scott. :) I am actually doing pretty well all things considered and am looking forward to "being a new woman" as my doctor puts it. ;)

  2. Hi, Debbie. I'm just hearing about your surgery. Glad it's over and you're home recuperating. Take good care of yourself. xo

    1. Thank you Lisa. :) I'm glad it is over too. :)


Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!