Sunday, October 11, 2015

I Finally Have Surgery Date

   Praise God!  My health insurance company finally approved my surgery.  It is scheduled for the 20th of this month.  I am so relieved that we finally have a date and no longer have to play the waiting game and jump through any more hoops.


Homemade tortellini and veggie soup with veggies from the garden.  I froze 2 bags of this.


   Jeff was able to get 3 days off from work and my daughter-in-law Rachel is going to try and take off 2 days to help me.  Then my parents will be here for a few days and I am so looking forward to their visit. :)  My daughter-in-law Heather is going to make her delicious meatloaf for us for dinner one night and my cousin Jeremy is providing us with another meal of his now famous tortellini and smoked sausage salad.  I have many meals already cooked ahead and in the freezer and will be working on more of them today.

   
Homemade mac and cheese cooling down before being wrapped, labeled and put in the freezer.



I've been trying to get the house organized and doing my Fall
cleaning.  My sweet hubby has been busy winterizing our home and trying to fix a few things around here before the weather gets bad.  I just feel this urgent push to get things done so that I will not stress about it while I recover from surgery. Since I know that I will be going nuts, I loaded up a basket with some of my favorite movies to watch on the TV in our bedroom.  I am also setting up a table next to the bed to put books, my glasses, remote controls and drinks on so that I do not have to keep twisting around to retrieve them off the headboard.  Now if I could only convince the cat that he does not need to be up on top of the headboard, all would be good. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear that your wait is over and that you have a date for surgery! I know all the McClellans will be sending love and healing thoughts your way throughout this time! XO!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!