Saturday, October 21, 2023

Frugal Friday Wrap Up 10/20/23

 





   This week has seemed to both drag on and yet, at the same time whizzed by.  How that is possible, I do not know, but it just is.  It is Saturday as I am wrapping this post up and I am finally fully recovered (I think) from working the Ruck for the Fallen booth last Saturday.  I had such a wonderful time doing it, but my body paid for it big time in the following days.  I HURT!  Needless to say, I did not get a whole lot of things done around the house and yard, so now it is crunch time before the freezing temperatures hit.  So here is a look at my week...

~Jeff and I worked the Ruck for the Fallen booth on Saturday afternoon/evening.  (5) Ruck for the Fallen | Facebook It was wonderful to see a whole line of Veterans lined up to greet our ruckers as they came into town.  We sold so much merchandise and our silent auction was a huge success and raised lots of money to help our military and first responders in need while also honoring the fallen.  Jeff bought a large insulated cup and I bought a pair of earrings in honor of our first responders and military members in our family.

~I bid on some things at the auction and won something special for my son Chris and also a wine tasting bundle of 4 bottles of different wine and 2 beautiful wine glasses. 

~Jeff was able to finish off replacing the screws and silicone seals in the roof of the house.

~We tried to find new shoes for Jeff in the same style as he has been wearing for years.  They had the shoes at the store, but they have changed them so they are narrower (even in the wide size) and the sizes seem off.  A size 12 was way too small for Jeff, but the size 13 had a huge space between his toes and the front of the shoe.  Needless to say, we did not buy them, but headed up to Goodwill after that and found him some nice Timberline boots that were barely ever worn.  We also found a sassy sweatshirt for me that says "I'm not bossy, I'm just aggressively helpful."  I know my sons, daughters and oldest two grandson are going to get a huge kick out of it.  In addition to those things, I found a gift for one of my girls who is I know is going to love it!

~Jeff and I have been gathering up some things to send over to our son Josh who is on deployment.  Some of the items are ones he requested, and others are surprises for him.  Thank goodness the Dollar Tree had some of the items because things were getting kind of expensive.

~Isaiah shot an elk earlier in the season and got a buck on Tuesday night.  We will be getting some of the meat from both of them.  I am so proud of my grandson!

~More beans, tomatoes, squash and pears were harvested.  We also found a few blackberries before we trimmed the bushes back and some of the raspberry canes were producing berries also.

~Jeff and I have been watching more of the Harry Potter series of movies.  We are having great fun watching them while either being cuddled up in bed or out in the living room snuggling under our warm throws with cats upon or next to us purring away.

~Jeff brought home another ton of wood pellets and was given 6 bags that has been broken open for free.  We like free!

~I've been shopping the sales and am continuing to build up my pantry and freezers.

~I cut Jeff's hair on Tuesday morning.  He was very overdue for a haircut.

~Wednesday night, Jeff heated up the leftover rice from earlier in the week along with some stew from our pantry.

~Jeff did the shopping at Safeway for their loss leaders that I wanted for me and he also picked up more fabric softener sheets at the Dollar Tree.

~Josh and I have been using Facebook messenger to chat with each other.

~Jeff picked up a case of Black Rifle coffee expresso drinks at Grocery Outlet for .99 each.  That is an amazing deal on them and he loves the caramel flavored ones.

~I cashed in our points that we earned on our debit and credit cards for an Olive Garden gift card.  It is one of the restaurants that we really enjoy going to once in awhile as a treat.

~Friday night we pulled two frozen pizzas out of the freezer and baked those up for dinner.  It gave us leftovers for lunches also.


   I'm off to get dressed and out into the garden.  I need to get all the tomatoes harvested, green ones too.  I will lay the green tomatoes in a box to slowly ripen.  I have done this in the past and we were eating tomatoes from our garden will into November.  Jeff will have to help me pick the pears when he gets home.  He is working until 2 p.m. today.  Be blessed and stay safe my friends.







7 comments:

  1. Love the picture. Sounds like a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That was taken in August when Josh, Lauren, Tate and Peyton came home for a visit before Josh had to deploy to the Middle East. We were celebrating Josh and Chris' birthday!

      Delete
  2. I love the new picture too! you all looke so happy! I will pray for your family. Take care and stay well. Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barb! I really do appreciate that.

      Delete
  3. Like the others, I, too, like the new picture of the whole family together. :)
    Sounds like you had a good week and I hope the coming week will be equally good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had an awesome week in spite of the flare. And for me, some times I'll do something and know I'll pay the price later.hahaha. Call me stubborn.

    I just got back from grocery shopping. The local store runs 'extra' special sales on the weekends (Fri thru sun). this one comes up about once a month': $10 off $50 purchased. good on anything.I more then paid the $50 but also had completed their customer survey for an additional 5% off. Every little bit helps.
    Take good care. Hugs, SJ now in California

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful family you have, and such handsome sons !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!