Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Asking for Prayer

 



   My sweet friends, I am coming to you asking for prayer.  The Middle East is mess right now and is just getting worse.  The atrocities done to the Jewish people in Israel is horrific.  Hamas is pure evil as is Hezbollah. There are those who will take every opportunity to lie and capitalize on this and will attack innocent people all over the world.  My heart aches for all those innocent people in Israel, Palestine, and everywhere else this evil has spread.


   A dear friend of mine's son-in-law is from Israel.  He is in the USA with his wife and baby, but his parents are in Israel.  Last I heard, they were safe for the moment, but as we all know, everything can change in a heartbeat there.  Please pray for their safety, as well as all the other people living in fear.


   My son is currently serving in the Middle East at a base right in the middle of all this.  He is in a country that is friendly with the USA, but they have had attacks on that base in the past and they are doing everything they can to be alert and prepared for that possibility again. Some of my son's troops are in a different Middle Eastern Country that is not friendly with the USA and they have come under attack.  He was initially supposed to be there with them, but got assigned to the other base instead.  He is struggling because he wants to be with them.  He wants to protect them and keep them safe so they can go home to their families when their deployment is over.  I understand my son's heart and why he is having a difficult time with this.  But, as his mother, I am so very thankful that he is not there.  I want him to be able to come home to his wife and children also.  I know he would put himself in harm's way to save his troops because that is the kind of man he is.  Please pray for protection for him, his troops and all those brave men and women there from all countries trying to do everything they can to protect others while this "powder keg" is blowing up all around them and they are feeling the "fallout" of it.  Please also keep the people in the embassies, who have or will come under attack, safe. 

   Here on the home front, protect us from the evil that this is.  I pray to God to root out all those who wish us harm, whether foreign or domestic. Our country does not currently have a strong president or vice president and our senate and congress are so busy infighting, that they are not doing their jobs that they were elected to do.  A weak country is easily toppled, and I fear that we are ripe for the picking at this moment.  We have had many who have crossed our borders illegally and we have no idea where they are or what their goal is.  We do know that there are "sleeper cells" here in the USA and that they can be called on at any time to unleash whatever it is that they are told to do.  The "chatter" has confirmed this and the warnings have been made public now.  We have, in the past, had someone arrested near us that was working with Isis, using coupons to cash in and get money for the terrorists.  He came on a student visa and was attending college here. Hiding in plain sight as they say.


   Finally my friends, please be aware of your surroundings.  Please stock up on food, water and medications.  Our economy is in real trouble too.  Inflation continues to rise and the cost of everything is going way up.  Hedge your bets by buying the things you will need for a while out.  I'm trying to look out at least a year for most things if possible.  If you have the ability to purchase, or already have a weapon, make sure you have enough "lead" for it and practice with it.  Jeff and I are going to get our concealed carry permits and will be getting more training from some of the best teachers we know and love.  We want to be safe wherever we are and not become victims of any kind of crime.  We also want to be able to protect our kids, grandkids and others around us.  


   Thank you, be safe and know that I am praying for you all too!



   

13 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you wrote. We are in scary times, and I think it will get worse before it gets better. I will pray for your family and all our troops, all those who are suffering, and for those who will, I pray , find solutions. xxoo Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cindy. I really do appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. We've been praying, as a family, for all who are (or could be) impacted. I'll add your son to our prayers. May God bless him. Hubs and I need to take lessons at a local shooting range. We live out in the country now, so there are places for practice. And while I'd planned to eat down our stocks of food, I'm buying digital coupon/coupon/loss leader sales again. Very scary times, but we must remember the Lord is in control. Fear is the devil's weapon. --Elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elise for your wise words and for adding my son to your prayers.

      Delete
  3. It's is a a very scary time that we are living in.
    We all need to be prudent and make sure
    we are stocking up our pantries and being prepared for what we know is coming.
    Because it is coming.
    But as Christians we need to remember not to live in constant fear.
    God is in control,let us not forget that.
    Pray hard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying hard not to live in fear, but sometimes it creeps in. I do struggle with anxiety and have to be on daily medications to keep me from spiraling. It is part of my PTSD and also related to having Fibromyalgia as well. I am so very grateful for my Christian faith because without that, I would be a huge mess.

      Delete
  4. I would not have guns in a house where children might access them. No gun safe is 100% protection. I am praying for peace, encouragement, and consolation for all who live in places of danger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy, our guns are locked up where our grandchildren cannot get to them. Our oldest 2 grandchildren have been raised around guns, have been trained how to safely handle a gun and are hunters. Their father is a police officer, so there are guns in their home and they know not to touch them unless they are going target shooting or hunting.

      Delete
  5. I am a prayer warrior as well. And have seen the power of the Holy Spirit in my life.

    I'm with you on stocking it deep. I'm even looking at my clothing/shoes to plan ahead.

    Love the new photo -- your grands have certainly grown!!
    cheers, SJ now in California.
    ps= we're supposed to go from temps in the 90s to temps in the 70s any day now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read your prayer last night and had a hard time sleeping - thinking of your concerns. I agree with all that you said, and join with you and others in prayer for your needs. May God bless Israel - May there be peace in Jerusalem -

    God has given both his promise and his oath therefore, we who have run to him for refuge can have GREAT confidence as we hold to the HOPE that lies before us.

    This HOPE is a strong and Trustworthy ANCHOR for our souls. Hebrews 6, 18-19

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm writing from Ohio, Columbus precisely. I was diagnosed with brain cancer in August of 2010 and my wife breast cancer, A precious friend (African American) told me about Dr Jekawo A traditional herbal doctor in West Africa,She gave me his contact number and email address,I contacted him quickly so he give me guaranty that his herbal medicine will cure my brain cancer,my wife breast cancer and herpes completely that we will be heal forever I said Okay.I ask him about the process for the cure,he ask me to pay for the herbal medicines preparation which i did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine then he instructed me on how to drink it for 21 days to cure.I told Eric my friend about the herbal medicine so he gave me go ahead to drink it.So after I and my wife drinking for 21 days we were cured completely, I'm so grateful and i promise i will recommend anyone with herpes or cancer to reach this great herbal doctor and that what i'm doing.
    Dr Jekawo told me he can cure the following disease.Cancer,Hiv/Aids,Herpes,Diabetes,Parkison,Copd,Hepatitis.. Here Is His Contact Info......[drjekawo@gmail.com] thank you so much for this great opportunity.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!