Friday, July 12, 2019

Frugal Friday Wrap Up 7/5-7/11 2019





   Here it is Friday morning and I think I am finally starting to come out of this flare.  Oh my goodness, it has been a bad one.  We had the housesitter over yesterday to go over things and my brain just would not work. I was at a loss for simple words and my husband had to fill in all the blanks.  I explained what was going on to the housesitter because she had never seen me in a flare before and I did not want her to think I was on something. 😉  Today we need to do some running of errands and shopping once Jeff gets up and get some bills paid before we head out of town on Sunday for a few days.  We also have a wedding to go to in Genesee, Idaho tomorrow afternoon and I am worried about how I am going to handle the heat.  I don't want to miss it though because I love the family so very much and we have been great friends and homeschooled together for years.  Enough about all of that, onto the frugal doings for the week...


Friday:
~We stayed home so I could rest as much as possible.
~I did water the gardens later in the evening.
~I picked more raspberries, strawberries, cherries and the first of the blueberries.
~More shows were watched online.
~I started reading the book "Not Buying It" that I borrowed from the library.

Saturday:
~Steven came to spend the day with us while his parents went down to help get his Grandma's house ready for her when she is able to come home once again.
~Jeremy brought his dog Maggie over for a playdate with Caesar and they had a wonderful time together.
~Jeremy also picked a bunch of cherries to take home with him.
~I made us all an easy lunch of cheese, crackers and Summer sausage.
~Jeremy came bearing gifts of wine and chocolate.
~We took Steven down to see his favorite "bubble lady" (our friend who owns and runs the local co-op store) and she gave him a nice American flag to keep and wave around.  She is so sweet!

Sunday:
~Heather and the little boys, Bradley and Isaiah, came over for a visit and to pick cherries and raspberries.  The little boys helped me pick strawberries too!    It was wonderful to have them over also and to see all the projects that they have been working on for the upcoming craft fair that they are going to be part of.
~We watched more episodes of Mork and Mindy on dvd.

Monday:
~It was my birthday and Jeff gave me a cute little card with a frog on it from our greeting card stash (I was really proud of him for getting a card from the stash).
~He took me out to lunch at our favorite Greek restaurant.
~We went to two thrift stores and I found a new dress, a new with tags pajama gown (some of my older cooler weather ones need to be relegated to becoming rags), a dvd, cd, book for the little boys and 2 bags of vacuum cleaner bags that fit our vacuum cleaner.  SCORE!!!  Oh, everything at Goodwill was 20% off for us since we are senior citizens.
~We also went to Walmart and ran into my cousin there so we shared hugs before wee all got to shopping.
~I found marked down bagels, donuts, and salad kits.  We also stocked up on chips, microwave popcorn and Skittles candy to make a snack and treat basket for our house sitter who will  be staying here with our fur babies and tending to our gardens when we go away for a few days.  We love our Desi and want to make sure that she feels a bit spoiled while she is here.
~I got the sweetest message today on Facebook from one of my former students from my first few years of teaching who also became our babysitter before we moved back up this way from Oregon.  She became part of our family and we love her dearly.  She thanked me for the difference I made in her life by believing in her, encouraging her and seeing the spark in her that she could not see in herself at the time.  She is now an amazing social worker and I could not be prouder of her!
~I got to talk to most of my family within the past few days and it has been wonderful!
~Jeff filled my car up with gas while we were in Moscow, Idaho today.  It was .35 cents  cheaper per gallon there than in Washington state.
~I restocked us on our vitamins and supplements going through Swagbucks to Vitacost and using a 20% off code.

Tuesday:
~Jeff picked a bunch more cherries off our tree.  Some are for us, some will be going over to Montana with us for my parents and brother, and some are for friends.
~We used our hot tub to cool off in the heat and soothe my aching muscles.
~Jeff dropped off some things in the library drop box for me on his way out of town so I would not need to run down there on Wednesday.
~I worked my points programs.
~More tvs shows and YouTube videos were watched since I could not do much while in a bad Fibro flare.
~Our hanai sister came over and picked raspberries and we had a really nice visit.  Jeff also sent her home with a huge bag of cherries.

Wednesday:
~Still in a flare but I did manage to get Jeff's laundry done.  I was going to hang it out on the line to dry, but we had some scattered rain clouds so I ended up putting it in the dryer.
~I worked my points programs.
~I harvested raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and tomatoes.
~I had our hanai sister come over again today to harvest raspberries.  There are so many on the bushes and honestly, I cannot get them all picked by myself.  She loves raspberries and I love sharing with her.
~Jeff BBQed burgers for dinner and I got the last of the corn on the cob cooked up for us.

Thursday:
~Jeff got another sprinkler set up in the front garden so that it would be easier for our house sitter while she is here and also for me when I am in a flare.
~I picked strawberries and blueberries.
~More shows were watched online.
~I planted green onions that I rooted from the bottoms of ones I bought at the grocery store.
~Jeff and I had leftovers and fruit from the garden and store for lunch.
~He made nachos for us for dinner.  I am still in a flare so I did not do any cooking.
~I went into my gift closet and found a wedding gift and another graduation gift for some special people in our lives.
~Jeff sent home a huge bag of cherries with our housesitter.

   Since we will be gone part of next week, I am not sure if I will get Frugal Friday Wrap Up done for that.  I know that we will be spoiled rotten by my parents, as usual.  This mini vacation is one that is much needed for both Jeff and I and we plan on spending most of it just relaxing at my parent's home and going out on the lake in the party boat and maybe even taking the canoe out for a bit.  I love falling asleep while  watching the reflection of the moon on the lake as I lay in the hand carved log bed snuggled up under one of my mother's beautiful handmade quilts and then waking up to the view of the lake and the water glistening with the morning sun. The conversations with my parents and my middle brother Fritz are always interesting and I am finding that my father especially is sharing more about his childhood and his time in the military now that he is getting older.  I am constantly learning new things about him and I love it.  Our hanai son Ben may be coming up to see us while we are there also since he now lives about an hour south of them.  It will be so good to see him too.  Be blessed and have a great week!






5 comments:

  1. Hey if you come down to Lewiston after the wedding and need a place to stay let me know. 208 746 8103

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (belated) birthday, Debbie! Wish you all the best! Hope you have a wonderful vacation, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday, Debbie! I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping you have a good trip and enjoy the events and people.
    Sounds like you accomplished a lot this week despite not feeling well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!