Friday, February 15, 2013

He Got Me Bubble Wrap Because He Loves Me!

It has been a very busy month for me with lots and lots of subbing at the school.  I've been filling in for people for longer periods of time and will be continuing to do so for at least another few weeks.  Doing this is great for the bank account but it leaves my husband and I much less time together since I work days and he works nights.  It also makes for less time to get all the things done that need to be done around the house and that makes things a bit stressful at times.

Valentine's Day is not one that we usually go all out for.  This year, I actually planned ahead and got my husband some Bose earbuds for his ipod.  He absolutely loves them!  I gave them to him when they arrived, about a week before Valentine's Day.  Yesterday, I gave him a card and some of his favorite snack cakes.  I wanted him to still get something on the actual Valentine's Day. :)

My husband, being the wonderful and thoughtful man that he is, gave me a very funny card, some new oven mitts and hot pads with Snicker's candy bars in them and a whole roll of Bubble Wrap. ;)  Now some may question his choice of gifts for me but I loved them!  I had been saying for some time now that I really wanted and needed new oven mitts and hot pads because mine were old and the mitts had shrunk in the dryer and were very worn in places.  This had been making for burned fingers and hands in the kitchen.  Since I do a lot of cooking and baking, good tools in the kitchen are essential for me.  The Snickers bars are my favorite candy and I actually prefer getting them to flowers! ;)  Now for the Bubble Wrap...  I am known as the Bubble Wrap Queen by some of my close friends and family.  I am nuts about the stuff!  There is just something so satisfying about popping those little air filled bubbles that brings me such great joy.  It is a great stress reliever and for whatever reason, it bring this childlike delight out in me.  I will horde the stuff!  Parting with it to actually wrap delicate things for shipping is painful and seems like such a waste when it could be used for it's REAL purpose...to play with!  I have always said the perfect gift for me would be a whole roll of bubble wrap that I did not have to share with anyone elseSo that is what my husband, knowing my affection for the stuff, got me!  He gets me and all my quirks and he really listened to me.  So yes, the man got me Bubble Wrap because he loves me!  Oh I love that man of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!