Sunday, February 24, 2013

Fitting in Some Frugal Doings

I cut my dryer sheets in half because they still do the job and I find that the towels will absorb water better when you use less fabric softener.

Recycled some old sheets to use as drop cloths for painting projects and for rags.     

Made some garlic croutons with leftover homemade bread.

Used up the rest of the deli rotisserie chicken to make a casserole and some homemade chicken and cheese ravioli soup.

Made some more delicious sourdough bread in the breadmaker.

Baked some peanut butter cookies and then proceeded to eat way too many of them. ;)

Mixed up 4 batches of laundry detergent.

Recipe for laundry detergent: For a single batch mix 1/2 cup Borax, 1/2 cup Washing Soda and 1 cup finely grated bar soap (Zote or Bar Keepers Friend work well but you can use Ivory or any other bar soap also).  Use 1 tablespoon for regular loads and 2 for heavily soiled loads.



2 comments:

  1. What do you use to grate your bar of soap? I need to make up another batch some time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy, I use an old flat metal grater called an All in One Grater. I used the smallest hole part and it does a great job. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!