Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Frugal Friday Wrap Up 8/28/2026

 


~We have a hanai (adopted by love) son who has gone through something really traumatic. God laid it on my heart to order something special for him with a very special message.

~One of Jeff's bosses (and friend) is one of the most positive and kind people, who also gives back to the community in so many ways.  I found a shirt that is perfect for him and ordered it as a "thank you" for all he does. Both this shirt and the something special for my hanai son were on sale at a veteran owned website.

~I forgot to add this to my last frugal post, but Isaiah sent me home with 2 large zucchinis.  Some will be made into a casserole, some for zucchini bread and some will be frozen for future meals and treats.

~The apples that Jeff and I picked last week were made into applesauce.  I got roughly 14 cups of applesauce.

~Sunday, I made a homemade sauce with chive butter, tomatoes, red peppers from the freezer, olive oil, homemade herb salt and pepper, along with some rose wine.  I served this over cheese and spinach ravioli.  It was dinner that night and leftovers for lunch on Monday.

~Saturday afternoon was really hot outside, so we turned the swamp cooler and the living room fan on and watched 3 movies in a row.

~Steven spent the day with me on Tuesday.  He and I went shopping at Walmart and found him a pair of shorts on clearance.  We also found a travel lock for doors (also on clearance).  Going to 2 thrift stores, we found floral picks in muted Fall colors, a table runner that I will be using on the credenza, a beautiful Winter themed picture, a brass teapot, some books for our neighbor's little boy and for Steven, and some new in package socks (these will be donated to Ruck for the Fallen). Oh, I also found a Gin pour kit with a funnel and 2 bottles with corked tops, Since I make my own blackberry and raspberry infused gin, I thought this would make a great way to gift them.

~The blackberry patch is giving us lots of blackberries.  Some will be eaten fresh, shared with family and friends and some will go into making the Gim mentioned above.

~I had baked a bunch of potatoes earlier in the week.  Thursday night I used them to make twice baked potatoes for dinner.  YUM!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!