Hello my friends! It has been quite the week here. We had record heat that literally made me sick and sent me into a huge fibro flare. I have basically been a slug for part of this week. I took naps, watched lots of Fall themed YouTube videos (helps me "cool down"), and was very gentle with myself. My hero hubby, Jeff, took care of the yard and helped me pick apples and blackberries on the days when I had some energy. I struggle with the heat and really cannot wait for Fall. Despite the health setbacks, Jeff and I did manage to get some frugal things in this week:
~Jeff and I went to Goodwill. I found some comfy Sketchers sandals. They are not a style I usually wear but I decided to give them a try for $6.99. I also found a soft lounge wear top by the brand Felina, which I love. Along with these, 4 beautiful glass coffee mugs were added to my basket.
~Grocery Outlet was having their huge 80th Anniversary sale with wine at 25% off, large avocados and mangos for 80 each, along with bags of potatoes and apples for 80 cents each also. I picked those up and bought some bags of cucumbers for $1.50 each. We picked up 2 6 packs of the Liquid Death drinks for Chris at his request since he was not going to make it over there. Jeff found Oreos for 50 cents a package and bought 4 of those. Oh, they had 1 orange honeydew left on only charge me 80 cents for that also.
~We sold a large landscape painting for $20.
~We sold a sliding miter saw for $50.
~We sold the dining room chairs for $30.
~Jeff and Bradley worked on Bradley's car (formerly Jeff's car) and it now lives at Bradley's house. Jeff included many "new car parts" that he had salvaged off his old car of the same make and year. Bradley is a very happy and appreciative new car owner. 😊 Heather graciously fed us lunch that day. Oh yes, Jeff also gave Bradley another driving lesson since it is a stick shift.
~Jeff and I picked a bunch of summer apples off our tree.
~Jeff is scheduled for a colonoscopy next week. The pharmacist at Walmart in Pullman, WA went online for Jeff and got a manufacturer's coupon code to bring the price for the prep pills down from $200 to $60. We also were able to schedule the colonoscopy for the same morning as my doctor's appointment to get bloodwork done and go over how I am doing on my meds. This is saving us a trip over to the hospital at another time.
~I got out some thinly sliced top round beef that I had previously bought on sale and marinated it in homemade teriyaki sauce. We had that, along with rice, for dinner on Wednesday night.
~I've been picking blueberries and blackberries, along with a cucumber and cherry tomatoes, from the garden.
~Another trip to Goodwill. Jeff got a really nice shirt and I picked up a soft Soma pajama gown, 2 soft loungewear tops, and a soft cotton dress. Unfortunately, the dress was way too big on me once I tried it on at home. I will have to take it back and get store credit.
I hope you all are staying cool and spending time with family and friends. It is so important to surround yourself with people you love!
Be blessed!
Sorry you have felt poorly due to the heat. It is finally starting cool a bit here. You got some nice things. So neat that you have gifted the car. We gave my nephew our old truck for his first a long while ago. He sure had fun fixing it up.
ReplyDelete