Friday, September 2, 2022

Frugal Friday Wrap Up 8/26/22

 


~We shopped at the thrift stores and found some prepackaged quilt batting (I will give them to my mother who is a quilter), lots of interesting books, a picture frame, some china (one with my Scottish Campbell clan crest and tartan pattern on it), a nice basket, and a few other items.

~Always on the lookout for great deals, I found packages of pork and beef tamales on sale for $7.99.  These are the good ones in the corn husks.  I brought them home and repackaged them into 4 meals for us and then popped them in the freezer.

~Sunday I surprised Jeff with a day that was just all about him.  I made him promised that he could not say "no" before I told him that we were going to take him to the bowling alley so he could practice and try to see if he could bowl with his other hand since he was having pain in the one he usually bowls with.  It worked!  It was so much fun to watch my hubby so excited and figuring out how to "tweak" this approach and positioning of the ball.  We did go out to lunch, again his choice of places.  It was a fairly cheap "date" since we went out to lunch and not dinner and I picked something inexpensive but yummy from the menu and Jeff got league rates for his bowling games. Once we got home, I gave him a haircut. We then settled in with a snacky kind of dinner and watched a few of our favorite shows.

~Monday, I made Pasta Primavera with produce from our garden.  It made for a very frugal and yummy dinner!

~I did not hang the sheets out to dry this week.  With the flea beetles being so bad, I did not want to risk the possibilities of them getting on my sheets.  The "ick factor" overruled the frugal factor.  LOL! 😉

~I'm continuing to harvest tomatoes, squash and the last of the blueberries from the garden.  I noticed that the blackberries are starting to ripen, and I am very excited about that!

~Jeff's cousin's wife Janine and I had a wonderful talk over the phone.  She is an amazing, kind and caring woman and we have so much in common.  It just made my day!

~Tuesday's dinner was teriyaki chicken and pineapple meatballs in teriyaki sauce that I added half of a yellow onion all cut up, and a small cut up zucchini to help "bulk it up" and add some more nutrition to our meal.  I served this over rice and had carrot sticks and crisp apple slices on the side.  Yummy!

~Steven and I went out to our garage and dug out my backpack so I could get it all washed up and ready for our trip later this Fall. 

~Wednesday Steven and I went to the swimming pool.  It was $4 for the both of us.  Not a bad way to spend the afternoon on a hot day.

~Leftovers were for dinner Wednesday night.

~Steven brought his puppy Gus over to play on Friday when he came to spend the day with me.  It was so nice to have Gus around.

~We went next door to "Auntie" Shannon's to see the frogs.  Steven had been patiently waiting to see the tadpoles turn into frogs.

~Jeff brought home dinner for us from Panda Express on Friday.  It had been a long and emotional day for me and I was just spent.








1 comment:

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!