Friday, April 5, 2019
My HUGE Money and Time Saver
The link that I am sharing is an affiliate link to amazon...I will get a small portion of the proceeds of the sale. Thank you!
I wanted to share a huge time and money saver in the kitchen. I have the 6 in 1 Instant Pot and I wish that I had the 7 in 1 that I linked above since it is also a yogurt maker. At the time I got mine, Walmart did not have any of the 7 in 1 on hand and I really really wanted one right then. I have found that it has become a much loved and used addition to my kitchen. Here are some of the reasons I love it so very much:
1. I love it is that I can saute things right in the pot and that saves on time and dirty dishes. I am all about that! Yes, my hubby does the dishes, but this makes him really happy too.
2. I can put frozen food directly into it and set it to cook. It defrosts and cooks things so quickly. I can have frozen chicken breasts cooked and ready to go within about 30 minutes and that includes the time it takes the Instant Pot to come up to pressure. It is also great for all those make ahead freezer meals. You don't even have to thaw them first.
3. It makes cooking veggies a snap. Very little time is needed and it locks in all the nutrition. Potatoes for mashed potatoes take 4 minutes to cook and you can do all the mashing and mixing of the other ingredients right in the pot. Artichokes only take 14 minutes to cook and this time of year I buy a bunch when they are on sale and cook them all up. I have some hot right away and some cold later.
4. Soups are super quick to do and so good.
5. I recently made corned beef, cabbage and potatoes. It took 70 minutes to fully cook the corned beef to amazing tenderness and then I took that out to cool so I could cut it. I added some large chunks of red potatoes and a whole cabbage that was quartered to the cooking liquid in the pot and then set that for 4 minutes. It was delicious! Corned beef and cabbage usually takes me all day to cook in the crockpot and then I have to watch it for just the right time to add the potatoes and cabbage.
6. Your Instant Pot is also a slow cooker, rice cooker, streamer, etc. so you can get rid of some of your other appliances and save room in your cabinets or on your counters.
7. You can make all kinds of desserts in it too!
8. Casserole type dishes can also be made in the Instant Pot.
9. I keep an Pinterest board of Instant Pot recipes to try and use and have also found that there is lots of information on how to convert crockpot recipes.
10. It is a huge money saver! Even with my limited energy, I can throw together a meal very quickly. I can see this being a huge help for busy families, new moms, people like me with health issues and well, just about everyone!
11. I have found that it tenderizes meat really well and for days when I have trouble cutting my meat at dinner, this really helps. It also allows you to use some of those not so tender cuts (that are cheaper) and have them be as tender as some of the more expensive cuts.
* Bonus is that they have also come way down in price now. They are now about half of what I originally paid for mine 2 Christmases ago.
Honestly, I am finding that I am using my Instant Pot more and more lately. It really has saved me time, energy and tons of money. We are eating healthier and I am not having Jeff run down to the local tavern to pick us up dinner as much on those days when I just don't have the energy to do cooking the "traditional" way. My next goal is to teach Jeff how to use it so that he gets comfortable with it and I won't even have to get up to set it on those really bad flare days.