Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Frugal Friday Wrap Up 1/26-2/1 2019

Saturday:
~We used a $25 Walmart gift card I earned through Swagbucks to buy a huge bag of cat food, hamburger and hot dog buns, feminine products, a cucumber, cereal and a huge bag of potato chips.
~We also used a $20 customer loyalty reward card to buy 2 shirts for me (one was Chico's brand), a Helly Hanson rain jacket for Jeff, a vintage glass refrigerator food container (this will go in my cousin's store), and the movie "Heat" on dvd.
~Lunch was eaten out at Jack in the Box where we ordered the special and 2 sides and had water to drink.  It came out to just a hair over $10.
~Jeff and I stopped in to visit Jaysn and Steven (Rachel was at work) on our way home.  Steven was thrilled to see us and we were entertained by his antics.
~We watched "Escape to the Country" on YouTube at night.  We love that show!
~Dinner was leftovers and ice cream.   Yum!
Sunday:
~The weather was not that great so we stayed home and got some things done around the house.
~I ran my points programs
~Jeff worked on organizing the front bedroom which also houses our pantry.  This way we know what we have and can make meals based on what needs to be used up soon.
~I pulled a family sized pack on Bratwurst out of the freezer.  We will have some tonight and the rest will be used for future meals.
~Soaked beans so I can cook them up on Monday in the slow cooker.
~Made a menu plan with Jeff and set out some of the things we need in a large bowl so that I don't have to go searching for them later.
~We watched a movie we borrowed from the library.
Monday:
~I was in need of some "retail therapy" today so we went to Goodwill.  Every Monday is Senior discount day of 20% off your total purchase and the new color of the week tags just changed on Sunday.  I was on the hunt for a Mother of the Groom dress for Josh and Lauren's outdoor Fall wedding.  Josh really wanted me to wear something in Navy Blue so that is what I was searching for and I happened upon "the dress" today.  It is a Navy Blue, long sleeved and full length dress that is warm, flows beautifully, does not need ironing (bonus) and was brand new with tags!  It was priced at Goodwill for  $7.99 minus my 20% discount!!!  We also found a cd Jeff wanted, 2 shirts for him (one was the color tag of the day so he got that one at half off) and I also found a buttery soft shirt and a Lia Sophia gorgeous bracelet that was also brand new.  We got everything for $31.08.  Happy Camper here!
~Walmart had my prescription ready.  It only costs us $9 after insurance.
~I threw the beans I had soaked into the crockpot and let them cook away!  I then turned them into a nice meatless chili.  Jeff is not a fan of chili, but I am so I will freeze a bunch of it.
~I cooled the chili off on the screened in back porch since it was 30F out there before putting it into the refrigerator.
~My sweet friend Julie crocheted a prayer shawl for me and it is so pretty.  She and I both have health struggles and she makes these shawls as part of her church ministry.  She asked me what colors I liked and took it from there.  The shawl is so very special because not only did she make it, but she prayed over it for me as she worked on it.
~I have compiled several binders over the years with Laine's Letters, and tips, hints and frugal recipes that other friends have shared.  I am going back through those binders and getting myself more motivated to save more money.
Tuesday:
~I was in a huge fibro flare so Jeff made dinner.  He cooked up the ground venison I had got out to thaw and made sloppy joes with a canned sauce.  He was not happy with the results and asked me why it did not taste as good as mine.  I told him it is because I make a homemade sauce and add peppers to it.  The can is ok in a pinch though.
~One of the things that I really enjoy is watching documentaries.  I have found a lot of different ones on both YouTube and Netflix that keep me entertained for hours.  This is a great thing for me to watch when I am not feeling well and can't concentrate enough to read.  I just cuddle up in my recliner, usually with at least one cat on my lap, and watch.  This helps take my mind off the pain and believe me, it is much needed!
Wednesday:
~I put in requests for a lot of books from the library and also picked up some they had on hold for me there.
~There was a free magazine offer that I took advantage of.  I get these for our local library also.
~I uploaded coupons onto my Safeway card so they are there when I need them.
~Jeff and I watched "Hotel Transylvania 3" on Netflix.
~Rachel and Steven came up to show off Steven's "big boy" haircut to G-Pa.
Thursday:
~I froze 2 containers of the leftover chili soup for future meals.
~Comfort food was much needed so I made homemade broccoli, cauliflower and sharp cheddar cheese soup.
~Jeff hurt his back at work last night when he fell so he used the hot tub to loosen up his muscles.
~We are headed into some bitter cold weather so I got all the throws washed today so they are ready to cuddle up under for anyone that may come by.
~I was feeling nostalgic so I found the movie "With Six You Get Eggroll" on Youtube and streamed it on my TV.  I used to have it on VHS but do not have it on dvd yet. :)  Love me a good movie that brings back some wonderful memories!










4 comments:

  1. I am glad to see you back as you have not posted as much lately. Hope this weather turns soon and it gets warmer. We are spoiled as none of us really want winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Goodwill has good prices. I don't go to the thrift stores much, because things cost more than they would at a good sale at Macy's around here. However, my husband did find a pair of pants for $10 at the Union Gospel Store the other day, so we still look on occasion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I;m glad your hubby found those pants. Sometimes our Goodwill has really high prices. I guess it depends on who is pricing everything in Spokane that day before they send them down to our store. ;)

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!