Friday, February 15, 2019

Frugal Food Lately 2/15/19

   


   I spaced out on keeping a record of my frugal doings this week so I thought I would do a Frugal Foods Lately post of the things we have been eating here at home over the past 3 weeks or so  instead.  Enjoy!!!


Apples and Cheddar Cheese

Creamy Venison Casserole

Ham and Veggie Chowder


Brats and Potato Hash

Homemade Chili

Broccoli/Cauliflower and Cheese Soup

Chicken, Tomato and Pesto Pasta

Chicken Noodle Soup

Another Snacky Dinner

Teriyaki Venison Meatloaf and Rice

    Some of the other homemade meals that I did not get pictures of were Split Pea Soup with Ham, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Crab and Cream Cheese Wontons, Pizza, and a few other things that I cannot think of at the moment.  I always try to cook enough for leftovers for a few days also.  We love leftovers and on days when we are either busy or I am not feeling well, they sure come in handy!  

   Though not as frugal, I am not making homemade meals this weekend when we have our oldest grandsons spend the night on Saturday and hopefully have Jaysn, Rachel and Steven join us for sledding followed by dinner.  I took the easy way out and bought 3 frozen pizzas at less than $4 each and  
some marked down Valentine's Day cookies for .98 a package.  Breakfast will be strawberry yogurt that I got on sale since they love yogurt along with Little Cuties mandarin oranges.  I'm still thinking I am getting off pretty frugally. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Yum! I think we are all on the same page with lots of soups and other comforting foods for this time of year. Your meals look delicious and warm! We got a little snow here, and I'll bet you got a lot. Stay warm:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my everything looks so good and yummy.
    We all have cheat days and that is ok. It will be fun with the kids there.
    Hope you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you're feeling well enough to post. And have the grans over. I know how much they fill up your emotional 'tank'.

    I love frozen pizzas!! I think they are some of the best frugal finds. I pricematched for Delissio's pizza at $2.99 each and then the store had a special that took off another $1. Score. Unfortunately I could only get 2 at a time and didn't go back another day. Even when I add on a few ingredients like sliced olives, I'm way ahead.
    Your plates and pots of food always look so yummy. And isn't cooking ahead just a life saver.
    I was in crash mode yesterday and Thursday but woke up ok today. I'll watch movies and read most of the day. Snow is almost gone so I should be able to get out of my heavy boots and into my sneakers to walk MrDog.
    Enjoy the grands.
    SJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see you posting, again, Debbie. Frozen pizzas, with the yogurt and cookies, will make a wonderful meal for everyone!

    I'm trying to eat low carb meals these days, on doctor's orders. Trying to fill up on vegetables is hard when you don't like vegetables all that much! LOL. But, I've a follow-up appointment coming up towards the end of the month, to review the numbers, so I'm being good.

    I hope things continue to go well for you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!