Monday, December 7, 2015

My Christmas Gift from My Hubby


My kitchen floor had endured some really rough usage.  Things had been dropped on it and it had gouges and scrapes.  It was even chipping up in some areas.

Hubby asked what I wanted for Christmas and I told him I wanted a new kitchen floor.  He got busy taking all the old flooring up.

Rufus decided to supervise to make sure that Daddy did it correctly.

It was quite the mess.  He got it cleaned up and then he primed the floor so that the new tiles would stick better.

He measured everything, drew out a grid pattern and made a spacer jig so that all the tiles would be evenly spaced out.  The pillow is there to make it easier on his knees when he laid down the tiles.


And here it is all grouted and only needing the wood trim pieces put on the edges now.  He just finished making all those pieces and they are now painted and drying in the garage.  He'll get them put on later this week.  Thank you Jeff for my beautiful new kitchen floor...I love it!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Debbie,

    What lovely Christmas gift! Judging from the photos, it looks like Jeff did a very professional job - you a a fortunate lady to have such a hard working and gifted husband.

    Enjoy that new kitchen floor!
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mrs. B. Jeff was a carpenter in the past and he learned from an amazing man. He has remodeled most of our home...we just have a few more rooms to go. You are right, he is gifted and I am blessed!

    I hope you are staying warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the new floor, it looks so new and fresh! Great job by your hubby! :) Happy Holidays Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! Happy Holidays to you too!

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!