Friday, January 25, 2013

When a Dream Dies

   Christmas Day Josh and Jess told us that they were expecting a baby and we were so happy and excited for them and for us.  Then something went wrong, terribly wrong. After being checked out at the hospital and tests and ultrasounds done, they were given the sad news that she had what is called a chemical or false pregnancy...there was no baby but her body was reacting as if there was, and the pregnancy hormones were there.
    Throughout all of this, we are thankful that there was not the loss of an actual baby and that makes it a bit easier to handle all of this but there is still the death of a dream of the baby that they, and we thought they were having.  Many tears have been cried and prayers lifted up to God for healing for our beloved kids.  There is still a sense of profound loss, at least for me.  I know how much they wanted a baby and it was heartbreaking as a mother to see my kids have to go through this.  I wish there was something I could do to have spared them from having this happen but all I can do is be here to love and support them.

2 comments:

  1. It is a sad time to live through, Debbie. I completely understand. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucie...it really is and I am so sorry that you also know this pain. ((((HUGS))))

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!