Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Quiet of the Morning



   This time of year you will find me on my back porch in the quiet of the morning.  I take my coffee, my bible and a book with me and enjoy the coolness of the morning air and have some time with God, some coffee to kick start me and read a little before I start my busy day.

 

Gemma, our very old, loving and at times cross eyed outside cat, joins me.  It is our special time together, just her and I.  The inside cats sit just on the other side of the screen door that divides us from them not at all happy at having to share me with Gemma. ;)  Since the indoor cats do not "play well with others", they are not allowed to come outside into Gemma's domain.


    I am not one of those people that wakes up bright eyed and bushy tailed ready to tackle the day ahead.  I need to my quiet time and for my morning coffee to do it's magic.  It is a rare occasion when I have to get up quickly and hit the floor running.  During the school year I will set my alarm to get me up at 5:30 a.m. so that I can have an hour to sit before I have to start getting myself ready to go.  During the Summer, I can take my time unless I have something that I need to be somewhere for in the morning.  I tend to stay up later at night now that Summer is upon us once more so I enjoy sleeping in and taking things a bit slower.   




   Well it looks like the world is waking up and starting it's day around me.  I can hear lawnmowers going, kids out playing and see people on tractors on the road on the hill behind our house.  Time to go and get myself ready for the day also. :)  Be blessed!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!