Friday, June 1, 2012

Busy Being a Second Grade Teacher

Our school district hired 2 lovely young women this year to teach in our elementary and high school.  Both these young women found out they were expecting babies near the end of the school year soon after they had been hired.  Yesterday was the last day for our second grade teacher who I took over for so she could be home with her newly born (TODAY) baby for the remainder of the school year.  Today was the last day for the high school teacher.  She will be having her baby on Monday (if not sooner) and there is another lovely young woman who is taking her class for the rest of the year.

Being that it is near the end of the year with just one and a half weeks left, the kids are at the end of their ropes and just want out.  The teachers are also right there with the kids and are looking forward to a nice break this Summer.  Basically, we have 1 week left to make sure we get everything covered that needs to be covered for this year.  I know these kids well as I have spent lots of time with them over the past few years and I really do love them.  I am praying that we can all hang in there for just a little while longer and try to concentrate. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!