Saturday, May 9, 2020

Not Going to Lie....It's Been a Rough Few Weeks

     


   I had planned on posting again sooner, but we have had a rough few weeks.  We lost a dear friend a few weeks ago to cancer, a sweet friend lost both her father and mother within days of each other from Covid-19 this week, and just this morning, we lost our beloved Aunt Norma (neighbor who has been family to us) to Dementia.  😢   I am glad I spent time with Aunt Norma along the way and visited with her, Uncle Bob and their son Clay two days ago.  Norma was in rough shape, but I was still able to kiss her on the forehead and tell her I loved her one last time.  I don't know if she could hear me, but I hope on some level, she felt comforted and loved.  I worry about my Chris, as he was super close to both of them.  He is going to try and make it out here tonight after he gets off work.  Luckily he was able to stop in and see them about 3 or 4 days ago while I kept the little boys here with me.

   My heart aches for all those whom we love that have lost loved ones recently.  Not being able to have funerals or memorial services makes it so much harder.  You need that outpouring of love and support during these times in your life.  I want so badly to go over and give Uncle Bob a big hug right now but I don't want to intrude on their family time.  I did talk with one of their sons who told me that his mom had passed early this morning and asked if there was anything I could do for them.  When things quiet down, Jeff and I will go over to see Bob and check in with him. We love him and Norma dearly, they really are family to us.


  I do hope to be back soon to regular posting.  There is so much I want to share....good things. 😀  Jeff and I have been busy in the gardens and he has been rebuilding the back porch for me.  It is looking great.  He is putting the finishing touches on it this weekend.  I can't wait to share how it looks...he did a fantastic job!

   Be blessed and Happy Mother's Day to all the moms of humans or fur babies in my circle of friends.  Much love to you all!



   

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear of the passing of so many loved ones. My deepest sympathies. I am looking forward to seeing the good things you have to share, when you are ready to do so, though.

    Happy Mother's Day to you, too, Debbie. Take care of yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sorry for all of the losses your family has endured.
    Take care and virtual hugs to you dear lady.
    Have a nice Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending prayers and virtual hugs your way.
    SJ in Vancouver BC

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry for all of those losses you have recently suffered. I'm glad you are having some sweet moments in the midst of it all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!