Monday, January 6, 2020

Frugal Friday Wrap Up 12/28/2019-1/3/20

   



   Hello all.  I know that I am late again in posting this blog.  Saturday was a busy day and Sunday I spent a good part of the day in bed.  Everything caught up with me and I am just needing to pull back and rest as much as possible.   Here we go...


Saturday:
~Leftovers for lunch.
~We met the kids and one of our hanai sons, Ben, at the bowling alley.  Jeff and I did not bowl but helped take care of Steven who wanted to be in the arcade.
~We went out to Pizza Hut for dinner after the bowling and used gifts cards we were given from Uncle Bob and Aunt Norma for Christmas.  We ordered the specials and paid with $50 in gifts cards which covered our meal and still left a great tip for our server.
~Jeff and I stopped by Walmart and lucked out on a great deal on boneless skinless chicken breasts, a fully cooked chicken from the deli and some bagged spinach.  All were clearance priced.  The chicken breasts were huge and we divided them up into 12 bags (1 breast each) and then put all those bags in another large freezer bag and popped them into the freezer.  This will make at least 12 meals for us (most likely more).  The fully cooked deli chicken will be made into chicken salad, chicken legs for Jeff to eat and will use the rest of it to make a large pot of chicken noodle soup.  Most of that soup will be frozen for future meals for us and to share with others.

Sunday:
~I cut a box of dryer sheets in half.
~The chicken noodle soup was made with items we had on hand and was delicious.  Yes, some got frozen since I made a huge pot of it.
~We stayed home and got some much needed cleaning of the house done.
~Luckily I had some Gatorade on hand because I had become severely dehydrated. I felt so much better after drinking a 32 oz bottle of it.
~Jeff and I are looking at a very tight budget in January so we made a list of items that we need for the month and are going to do our best to stick to that along with picking up some needed groceries along the way.





Monday:
~It was a bad day for me pain and energy wise again and I was more than happy to just stay at home.
~Jeff ran down to our library and picked up 5 videos titles that we had on hold there.  One of them is Season 4 of Downton Abbey (I am trying to get caught up) which should keep me very entertained.  Jeff is really into the Jack Hunter series so I had requested another one in that series for him.
We received a $5 reward card from ACE hardware.  I'm sure my hubby will put it to good use.
~We also got a free magazine in the mail.
~Peace of mind is priceless so I deleted all of my old emails from 2019.  I wanted a fresh start and to not be overwhelmed by them all.  SJ, if you have sent anything recently, I'm afraid I deleted it before I thought to do a search for it.  Sorry.  Bad fibro fog today.
~I changed out the candle melt fragrance in the wax warmer in our hallway bathroom to candied apple.  I had the pine one in there for months and wanted something new.  I have a huge stash of wax melts that I have accumulated over the years.  Use what you have right?
~Jeff pulled some more of those rolls out of the freezer so that I did not have to make bread today.  I used one to make a avocado and asiago cheese sandwich for lunch.  YUM!
~I watched several disaster movies on YouTube.  It keeps my mind occupied.

Tuesday:
~Jeff and I found marked down fully cooked chickens at the Walmart deli and I picked them up to put in the freezer.
~We found a pork shoulder roast that was marked way down.  I threw it in the crockpot when we got home and made kalua pig with it.  We will have it New Year's day.
~Jeff went through our freezers in the garage to inventory them.  We found lots of things that we had no idea we had.
~I made a menu based on what we have in the fridge, freezers and pantry.
~New Year's Eve dinner was sweet potato fries, beer battered fish and apple slices.
~We watched the first movie in the Jack Hunter series.  We borrowed it from the library.
~Jeff and I found the perfect Christmas gift for Josh and Lauren for next Christmas.  We even got it at half price and used a gift card to purchase it.
~I saved the bone with some meat on it from the pork should roast to use in making split pea soup later on.  It is now in the freezer.





Wednesday Happy New Year!:
~I baked 2 loaves of sandwich bread.
~Jeff's TracFone was due for a refill so I found a code to add an additional 60 minutes to it along with the other 60 minutes that tripled.
~I cooked up a pot of rice.
~Working my points programs.
~I transferred all the birthday info onto the new calendar I got at Goodwill for .99.
~Jeff and I took a walk around town once the winds calmed down.  Caesar and I needed it badly.
~We made some nachos and watched a movie via YouTube.

Thursday:
~Jeff and I took down and put away all the inside Christmas decor.  However, I was missing the pretty little lights so I got a string of colored lights back out and put them up in the entryway.  I love the warm glow it is giving and it is helping chase away the winter blues.
~I put some more pictures back on the walls.
~I cleaned the filter screen on my blow dryer.  I try to do this once a year to make sure the air flows freely and it does not overheat and break down.
~I made a pot of decaf coffee with some free coffee that we got.
~Dinner was leftovers.
~One of my friends is a nurse with the doctors group that we go to.  Since my doctor left and I needed to find a new one, I asked her advice on who she thought would be a good fit for me and knew about Fibromyalgia.  It turns out the doctor that I "interviewed" is the best fit and he had already said he would take me on as a patient.  That gives me peace of mind so I am not in limbo anymore.  I will be making an appointment for next month to get bloodwork done and to talk to him about anything else that we might try.
~I worked on my points programs while watching YouTube videos.

Friday:
~I froze 2 quart sized bags of homemade chicken noodle soup.
~I also froze 1 kalua pig and rice meal and 1 quart sized bag of kalua pig.
~Jeff and I had the remainder of the kalua pig and rice for dinner.
~I uploaded coupons onto my Safeway loyalty card.
~Points programs were once again worked on.
~Jeff took some WD40 to my recliner so now it is not squeaking all the time and is way easier to use.
~I watched some motivational videos on YouTube on helping deal with my fibromyalgia and also dealing with living a healthier and more frugal life.
~My hair desperately needed to be deep conditioned and I was aching.  I looked through all my samples and found a hair oil, applied that and then climbed into a bath with Epsom salts.  I felt so much better after my bath and my hair did not feel brittle after the treatment.




   Praying that you all have a great week!



















10 comments:

  1. Have a great week. Happy New Year to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl and a late Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, and my your New Year be filled with less pain and flares my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!