Saturday, October 19, 2019

Frugal Friday Wrap Up 10/18

~Lauren and Josh are in the final stages of getting everything ready for their wedding but still needed a few items.  Lauren mentioned that she needed something to put cards in and also a cake stand.  Luckily I had exactly what she needed here so I will be taking a gorgeous glass cake stand and basket that goes perfectly with their cabin and outdoor type theme over to Montana for their wedding.
~Bradley needed some dress shoes for the wedding and I was able to find him a nice pair at Goodwill.  They were even half off!
~Bradley and Isaiah needed more snow pants.  I found a pair at Goodwill and since they did not have a price sticker on them, the girl ringing us up gave them to us for $5.99 even though all the other snow pants were marked at $9.99.  I also found a winter coat for Steven, who needed a second one, for $5.99.  The coat was brand new!  I want all my grandkids to have at least 2 pairs of snow pants or snow bibs, 2 jackets, and 2 sets of gloves and hats so that they can use the second ones when the first ones are wet from playing outside.
~Jeff found a draft dodger door thingy to keep the cold out for $1.99.  Rachel and Jaysn needed one of those.
~I found a sweater (I used a 20% off coupon on this item), a lightweight jersey material type jacket, a pair of Sketchers shoes (half price) and lots of Ziplock storage containers that were $2.99 for a 4 pack.  Again...Goodwill!
~Heather invited us over for lunch and Chris grilled venison steaks.  They were so good!
~G-pa (Jeff), Chris, Bradley and Isaiah all worked together to build a cornhole game for their friends for Christmas.  Between Chris and Jeff, they had all the materials they needed to both build and paint it.  We left the rest of the wood we took over for Heather to use for making signs or other crafts.
~Saturday we were able to spend some time with Jaysn, Rachel and Steven.  We had not eaten lunch so we took a huge sub sandwich and some chips over there that we bought at Winco.
~Jeff helped me get all of my Summer clothing packed up and my colder weather clothing unpacked and into my dressers.  While switching things out, I purged lots of items that I no longer fit into or no longer use.  It was great to find things that I had forgotten about in the process also!
~I made a delicious tomato and pepper fettuccini dish for dinner one night using some of the tomatoes from our garden that I am ripening inside the house.
~More homemade bread was made.
~My sweet friend, Shannon, blessed me with a pitcher full of freshly pressed apple cider that they made up at the orchard over the hill from us.  I have been enjoying it hot with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
~We stocked up on treats for our house sitter. :)
~I found 2 books at the Dollar Tree that I thought were wonderful and very gift worthy.  I also picked up some cold coffee drinks (for our trip), some coloring books, more medicated powder (Jeff uses it every day), and some toaster pastries.
~When I find fully cooked chickens reduced price at the deli at Walmart, I try to pick them up and then freeze them for future meals.  Being in a bad fibro flare, I was able to just pull one out of the freezer, thaw and then add some green beans and baked potatoes to it to make a nice meal without a lot of work.
~Jeff picked up 4 bags of fully cooked meatballs and 4 large cans of green enchilada sauce.  All were half price.
~I used one of the packages of meatballs and simmered them in a brown mushroom gravy.  I served it over rice with a side of carrot sticks.  I had enough of the meatballs an gravy for another meal along with enough leftover rice for several more meals.
~Chris came over for a visit and I sent him home with the snow pants we picked up for the boys, some books for them and some bean bags for a cornhole game that they are working on to give as a gift to their friends.
~I watched several movies on YouTube.





13 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really good week. Glad you could help the kids out with the last items they needed for the wedding.
    Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been a busy girl. Isn't good will great? It has been a really cold fall here. Not the usual 80 degree Sept,October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Goodwill. I've been thinking about you down in the valley and how shocking this weather had to be to all of you also.

      Delete
  3. Smart grammie to have two sets of outerwear for your grands.
    I try and have two sets of tennis shoes for the same reason = one for walks and garden work (the perpetually wet pair) and a dry pair for other activities.
    Am really excited - I'm heading to CA for Christmas and all of January. Sunshine, yea.
    Take care of yourself during this busy season.
    Cheers,
    SJ in Vancouver BC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SJ! I am so very sorry I have not been checking my email again. I got overwhelmed with all the SPAM stuff that is not filtered out and decided to wait until I had the energy to even face it and get it all cleaned out again. ;) I'm so excited for you that you are getting to go to California for Christmas and January too. Praying it helps to solidify some of your plans for the future. Much love to you my friend.

      Delete
  4. You have found some exceptional buys!
    Blessings,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just sent you an email about a prescription my doctor wants to start me on. Thought of you immediately for Fibro treatment.
    Cheers,
    SJ in Vancouver BC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will brave the email monster and go find your email. ;)

      Delete
  6. You found some great bargains! I hope all is well with you and you have a safe trip to your son's wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a beautiful wedding! I hope the fires have not come near you.

      Delete
  7. You sound like you had a pretty good week. Feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!