Thursday, September 3, 2015

Gooky Eyes, Plugged Sinuses and Coughs, and Waylaid Plans

  There seems to be a very yucky virus going around and of course I caught it.  I'm sure I got it from my grandsons who picked it up at the daycare where their momma works part time.  I thought I was getting better and then I pushed myself just a bit too far, wore myself out and BAM!  Yep, it came back at me hard. You would think I would learn after having had this same thing several times in the past.
  I hate being sick when there is so much to do.  My poor garden has been neglected and some of the beans will not have to become seeds for next year's garden.  That in itself is not a bad thing really since I was planning on letting some of them do that anyway.  A few of the squash ended up getting HUGE so they have been shredded and made into bread.  I dehydrated some of the tomatoes and will make that into tomato powder.  I still have 2 big bags of beans that I need to process and a big box of plums that I was going to make into jam but am now thinking they may just get dehydrated too.
  I had other plans for this week too.  Today is my husband's birthday and I had planned to surprise him with a really nice early dinner tonight before he heads out to his bowling league. We did have a big family birthday party on Sunday (where I pushed myself) and he got his presents and cards, but I still wanted to do something special for him on his actual birthday.  I did manage to make him some Red Velvet Brownies today but that was about all I could manage.  When in doubt, make the man something chocolate and he is a happy camper. :)
   I'm praying I can kick this thing soon.  Between the smoke filled skies we had for a few weeks that caused my asthma to flair up and being under some horrible stress lately that sent me into a tailspin emotionally and physically, this has been a rather tough 4 weeks or so. 


2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, Debbie! I really hope you feel better soon. Please try to get some rest and not worry to much about things.

    (((hugs)))
    rue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rue...I hope all is well with you. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!