Friday, August 7, 2015

Time for a Virtual Vacation: Kaukahi Featuring Gary Haleamau



    When I need to get away from it all and time is short and funds are low, I frequently pull up videos on youtube featuring my childhood friend Gary Haleamau.  He is an amazing musician and his voice is one of the best I have ever heard.  He and I were in Chorus and in the Hawaiian Music and Dance class back in high school.  What a privilege that was to be able to hear him share his amazing gift each day.  His beautiful wife, Sheldeen, is dancing hula in this clip.  Listening to him play guitar and sing, while watching her dance takes me back to my childhood in Kona, Hawaii where many evenings were spent listening to the soothing sounds of Hawaiian Slack Key guitar and falsetto singing while sitting outside with torches glowing and the cool trade winds blowing.  I can feel my body release the tension as I imagine myself being there once again.
Thank you Gary and Sheldeen for your many gifts that you share with all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!