Friday, February 7, 2014

Healing, Happy and Home



 My sweet hubby got me purple tulips to celebrate a clean bill of health.  I was finally able to have the testing done that I have needed since December but was unable to until February due to the whole Obamacare fiasco.  Although the procedure was very painful, and not something I would ever want to repeat, I am happy to know that I do not have cancer.  I am healing and my hubby and good friend Shannon, who was also there with us that day, have been taking good care of me and making sure I do not overdo it. :)  I am so thankful to God first and foremost, the staff at Gritman Medical Center and the Women's Imaging Center for their wonderful and compassionate care, and my friends (the few that we told) and family that were praying for us and supporting us through all of this.  This is the reason that I have not been blogging much...all of this hanging over us had taken a huge toll on me and I did not know if it was something I wanted to "put out there".  It was scary and I had many sleepless nights wondering "what if?"  We also did not want some of our family and friends, who already have enough on their own plates to deal with, to worry about me, so we kept it pretty quiet to try and protect them also.


 
I woke up to a phone call from our school this morning saying that school was going to be delayed by 2 hours.  When I got up later, this is what greeted me.  I know it does not look like much snow but the roads were slick and dangerous.  Jeff passed by an overturned Semi earlier in the morning on his way back to the shop after work.  I am thankful that I did not need to be out on the roads today.




We have been going through a cold snap with the temperatures down in the negatives so I have been trying to have good nourishing meals that warm us up and stick to your ribs on the menu.  I made a garlic and red wine venison roast with mashed potatoes, gravy and carrot sticks for dinner earlier in the week.  It was so good!  Last night I turned the leftover roast and gravy into stroganoff with onions and served it over homemade mashed potatoes and we again had carrot sticks with it.  For whatever reason, I have also been craving salads and have been having a lot of them with diced avocados and cheese.  I must need fresh tasting veggies too!  Jeff has been more than happy to have salads with homemade croutons (minus the avocado for him) on the menu once more.




 It looks like we have more snow in the forecast and then will have rain.  I am thankful for the moisture because our farmers really need it for their fields.  It seems like just when the concern was getting pretty serious over our lack of moisture (and in a farming community that is a huge worry), God once again delivered and came through reminding us that we need to just put our trust in Him and He will take care of and see us through.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!