Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Ginny and Joy.


 


   I've been thinking about how the littlest things in life are the ones that mean the most.  The picture above is of Ginny.  She is the beautiful kitty that has adopted us as "her people".  She is a total love bug and, I will admit, is spoiled rotten by Jeff and I.  Ginny is also one of my links to our beloved Uncle Bob.  He loved her and she divided her time between us and him.  She stayed with him when he took a bad fall and passed out.  She would get up in his lap to be pet.  Uncle Bob was not a cat person to my knowledge, but he sure adored her. 


   Ginny is an ever present companion when either Jeff or I are outside working on a project.  She keeps a close eye on all that is going on.  When we take a break and sit for a moment, there she is wanting to get her lovies.  Some mornings I will sit outside on our front walkway bench, sipping on my coffee and Ginny will either be in my lap or cuddling up by my side.  She greets us in the morning and afternoon feeding times wanting not only her food, but some nice scratches as well.


   I am slowly working on getting my indoor kitties, Patchy and Midgy used to her.  I will let them have some time out on the screened in back porch with Ginny on the other side of the screen door.  We went from lots of hissing to genuine curiosity on all parties.  Now Patchy and Ginny can both be out there, with the screen keeping them apart, and not being bothered at all by the other's presence.  Midgy is slowly coming to that point, but she is a much more cautious and skittish cat around people and animals that she is not very familiar with.


    I am not planning on making Ginny an indoor cat.  She has been free to roam for all her life and I don't want to change that.  Jeff has made her a cozy kitty house which she is finally starting to use and enjoy.  She has also claimed the hot tub area as her own domain.  If and when we get the hot tub fixed, I am sure that she will be jumping up and walking around the sides of it when we are using it.


   Ginny has brought so much joy to our lives, especially mine.  She is the reason that I get up on days when my pain levels are high or my anxiety and depression try to take over.  Seeing her sweet face and hearing her rather loud greeting remind me that she depends on me to take care of her.   Seeing her brings a smile to my face as I talk to her, care for her and give her lovies.  Not forgetting about Patchy and Midgy, as they get the majority of my time since they are my sweet indoor kitties who spend lots of time in Jeff and my laps and sleep with us.  All three of our fur babies mean the world to me and I cannot imagine my life without them.



   

7 comments:

  1. What a pretty girl! She has the most beautiful coloring.
    I can't imagine life without my little guys either. I have two cats at the moment. Humphrey is a gray tabby cat with the classic bulls-eye pattern and Mr. Squishy is a snowshoe Siamese. They are both sweet boys but Humphrey is more laid-back and Mr. Squishy is the sort of cat that cannot be intimidated by anything. I had Humphrey for about six months before I brought the other cat home and Mr. Squishy walked in like he owned the place. It took a few days for Humphrey to get used to him but now he loves napping and playing with Mr. Squishy.
    I live alone except for the cats and they bring so much life into the house. I count them both as one of my blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty. Our babies come for so many reasons! Every single cat I have had in my life has just shown up!!!! Some inside and some outside. They give joy and happiness and unconditional love and they give me purpose every day. Love the fur babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See if you can get the book, "Henry and Mudge and the Happy Cat" by Cynthia Rylant to read to the boys. The cat in the book has the same coloring at Ginny. Very nice book series for kids.
    Hope you are feeling ok. Happy Easter. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am a cat person.My Al is a 13 pound bundle of sweetness. He follows me everywhere and is usually on my lap when I sit down. He makes everyday worth rising for. I also have 4 fur grandbabies and I spoil them as much as I would human grandbabies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our fur babies bring us such Joy! I want to come visit you this summer. Just for an afternoon. Maybe we can go thrift shopping together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, what a pretty girl! Yes, thinking of her needing breakfast and lovies would get me out of bed, too. You are both good for each other!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!