Saturday, January 4, 2014

Just a Few Blessings to Share


As we start 2014, I want to do so with an Attitude of Gratitude.  We do have much to be thankful for and I could spend hours listing them...but I will spare you that and just list a few. ;)

Caesar, our huge dork of a dog.  He has proven to be such a great companion for us and for our oldest grandson Bradley.

Bradley and Isaiah!  They are pure joy and we are so thankful to live close and get to spend lots of time with our grandsons.

Our children Jaysn, Rachel, Josh, Chris and Heather.  They are all amazing people with good and caring hearts.  We could not be prouder of all of them.

Our parents.  Both my parents and Jeff's parents are still with us and we count ourselves blessed to have these wonderful people still in our lives.

Reconnecting with some family members who we had lost touch with over the years.  I am thankful that we are once again part of each others lives. :)

My siblings, Leonie, Fritz, Eric and my SIL Christie along with  our nieces and nephews.  We are all there for one another, no matter what even though we are very different people.  Our love and respect for one another will always keep our bonds strong.

Friends who have become family and are there for us always and unconditionally.  You know who you are and we cannot express in words how much we love you all.

Finally, my husband Jeff.  He is my rock, my safe harbor and as I told someone the other day, my "safety blanket".  I would be lost without this wonderful man that I have spent most of my life with.  This man taught me to trust again, helped me heal from past hurts and has loved me unconditionally and stuck by me through some very difficult and trying times.  My Grandma was right when she said I would marry him and he would take care of me shortly after I met him.  Sadly, she never got a chance to meet my sweet hubby but I know that she died knowing that I would be safe with him and she did not need to worry about me.

Those are just a few of the many blessings that I have in my life.  I am looking forward to spending much more time with my friends and family and hoping to build more special and wonderful memories with them all.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!