Saturday, May 6, 2017

Frugal Friday Wrap Up 4/29-5/5 2017

 




   This has been an amazing week for finding great deals and making some money off plants that we needed to clear out of our garden.  I was also able to get out in the garden and get some things seeded in so that made me really happy and will lead to more savings down the road.  Here are my frugal doings for the week...




~Saturday we went to a community yard sale and found some great deals including the entire "Shrek" movie set on DVD for $5.  Our grandson Isaiah will be getting this as part of his birthday present in July!  I also found canvas organizing totes, a brand new Nike outfit ($2) for baby Steven when he is older and a few other things.
~I found more organizing canvas containers at the Dollar Tree.
~Sunday we watched the movie "Sing" that we borrowed from the library.
~Monday I listed some raspberry, lupine and iris plants for sale on some of the local buy and sell sites.  I needed to clear the excess plants out of our garden.  I have already sold some of the raspberry and lupines and have someone else interested in some of the irises.  I've made $166 so far.  Not bad for plants that needed to be taken out. 😁


~I repotted the tomato plants that I bought last week from the FFA sale into other pots that I have here on hand.
~Jeff dug up a nice oregano plant that had taken up residence smack dab in the middle of our side garden.  This will be given to my cousin Jeremy as part of his birthday gift since we are celebrating that next weekend and he loves to cook with fresh herbs.


~Tuesday was my last day working at MOPS until next Fall and I will miss those kiddos and their mommies.  Jennifer, the child care worker coordinator gave us all some potted flower plants as a thank you gift.  Her sweet girls picked out their favorite one to give to me...oh how that touched my heart.  She also sent me home with an extra one.
~Our tomato plants are living in the hot tub enclosure right now to protect them from any frost and the cold night air.
~A trip to the thrift store over the weekend found a treasure in a limited edition framed print of the ocean on the Oregon coast.  I looked it up and unframed it goes from $65-$125 depending on the market.  I paid $7.99 for it and am in love!


~That trip also found another pair of capris, a pair of pants and some large canning jars.
~Heather and Chris invited us to stay for dinner Wednesday when we went over to learn how to set up their pop up tent trailer.  I took some garlic breadsticks over to contribute to dinner as well as some carrot seeds that I had picked up for the little boys to grow in their garden.
~I finally got the peas, radishes and spinach planted.  I also transplanted some kale plants that we found growing at the bottom of our driveway.  They must have come from dropped seeds when I cleaned out the garden in the Fall.
~I took some leftover yellow rice (I bought the packages of it at the Dollar Tree) and added it to some thinly sliced chicken that I sauteed in olive oil with some salt and pepper.  I threw in a hand full of frozen red peppers when the chicken was just about cooked and about 1-2 Tablespoons of lemon juice.  Cooked that for about 3 minutes and then added the rice and just stirred and heated it until it was hot.  Oh it was so good!


~Thursday I made 2 loaves of bread and a batch of croutons.
~I cashed in at Swagbucks for a Texas Roadhouse $25 e gift card.  My hubby and I have been wanting to go back there again. :)
~Multiple loads of laundry were hung out on the laundry line to dry this week.
~My hubby loves everything to do with bowling.  We were able to find videos of different bowling tournaments on Youtube for him to watch.
~We found some brand new hanging garment bag protector things and lots of office supplies while "treasure hunting" at apartment complexes where college students were tossing out things before they left to go home for the Summer.
~We borrowed 2 more movies from the library.




   Jeff and I plan on going back and doing more "treasure hunting" on Sunday at the apartment complexes and I am hoping to find some furniture that I can flip for a profit.  Other than that our plan for the weekend is to stay home, watch movies and work in the garden if the weather allows.  Be blessed!






13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!
    You are a very busy woman, Debbie! :D
    That print is beautiful. If there's something I love, it's an ocean view and a starry sky!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend and let's start walking to shed those pounds of!
    Your dog Caeser is gorgeous and he looks like a dog that my inlaws had. Her name was Lola and she was just like Caeser, but all black.
    She had huge white theets, but she was a cutie pie and so sweet to us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula! I am so hoping the weather clears here today so that I can get out for a walk. :) Thank you on your comment on Caesar...he is a total love bug and so good with our grandkids. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful frugal week, you've had! That's great that you were able to sell all those plants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless...the money came in right when we needed it. :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you had a great week. I hope you are successful on your next treasure hunt. If you do find some furniture I hope you share how you go about flipping it. I love to see that kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No furniture this time. :( We were going to go out again on Sunday or Monday but I ended up with a bad virus that has me sidelined at the moment.

      Delete
  5. I love the print of the wild sea. A great find. Good luck with the treasure hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you got some good deals this week. The picture is lovely.
    Enjoy your work free summer!!!!!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl. I'm hoping to find more deals in the grocery stores now that the students are all leaving.

      Delete
  7. What great finds! And to be able to earn a few $$$ from your excess plants and 'college curb' finds. The latter reminded me of friends who started buying books at Goodwill Warehouses and reselling on Amazon. The warehouses used to sell the books by the pound which is how my friends bought them. Anyway, good for you!
    Been in my newest garden, steps from my door. I've been here 6 years and just today meeting some neighbors. Yea, one of the things I was hoping for with this garden space. Probably did too much but I love playing in the dirt.
    Cheers, SJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you were able to meet some of your neighbors. :) I have thought about selling books through Amazon because I have tons of them here and am always running across other amazing ones at thrift stores and yard sales. Pace yourself my friend so you don't wear yourself out.

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!