Thursday, May 4, 2017

Busy and Hot Spring Day and Supplements That are Helping Me Update

 


   Our temperature is currently 85 F here at my place (it's 1:30 p.m. as I start typing this post) and that is HOT for this time of year!  Knowing what was forecasted, I tried to get most of my "to do" list finished by midday.  My energy level was high (for me) and my pain level low so I took advantage of that!  Here is a list of what I got done by 12:30 p.m..




~I dug up and transplanted 9 kale plants
~Sold 6 raspberry plants to a very nice lady that I used to work at the local school with
~Made and baked 2 loaves of bread
~Made a batch of croutons
~Cashed in at Swagbucks for a gift card
~Skyped briefly with my son Josh
~Seeded in some radishes




~Watered the gardens
~Cleaned off the entire front of our home and knocked down all the wasp nests
~Washed and hung out a load of laundry to dry on the laundry line
~Pruned the blackberry bushes
~Took all the tomato plants out of the hot tub area and set them out where they could get some nice sunshine





   The soreness is now starting to set in BUT I feel great about all I got done!  I realize that this may not seem impressive for people with normal energy levels, but for someone like me, this is major!  When I do have lots of energy (relatively speaking), I tend to push like mad to get things done because I never know what tomorrow or even the next hour may bring.  I have noticed though that the combination of letting go of toxic people in our lives along with some new supplements I am taking have helped me to "bounce back" more quickly than I have been able to in the past.  My hubby was just commenting on that yesterday when we were out for a walk.  The supplements that I added were Acetyl L-Carnitine and Colostrum.  Both have been shown to help some people with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (I have both) with their energy levels and I do believe it is helping me.  As always, I would caution you that what works for one person, may not work for another and that I am not a medical professional, I'm just sharing what has worked for me...do your own research and talk to your doctor about it. 




   Now that I have got all that done, I am taking the rest of the afternoon off to rest and relax.  I can feel my body telling me it has done enough.  I think I "earned" my rest today. ;)

18 comments:

  1. Please send some warmth his way.
    You sure have been busy. Don't over do and get your self down. Slow and steady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Cheryl, I'm really feeling it tonight but the sense of accomplishment I have right now makes it better. ;) Tomorrow the rain and cooler temperatures come back in so I took advantage of this beautiful day to get things done.

      Delete
  2. Glad to read the supplements are working for you, Debbie! Thanks for sharing the picture of your thermometer. Might be the only chance we get to see such a thing. Continues to be cold, cold cold here. Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog! It really touched my heart.

    HUgs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane and you are welcome also. :) I hope you get some warm weather. I think this was a fluke and I am just praying that we don't get a freeze now since the cherry tree is in full bloom right now. We need those cherries since the plan is to sell a lot of them this summer. I've enlisted the help of Heather and the grandboys and we will split any profit right down the middle. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow - I look at your list and I'm tired.hahaha. Well done!

    I got back to swimming yesterday and got out after 20 minutes. I didn't even swim what I had been swimming as my 'warmup' in October. But I did get to the pool and have to focus on the positive. Shortly after lunch, I crashed big time. A little off this morning but ok now.

    I spent a little time outside weeding my new-to-me garden plot. Then I went to the closest community garden just to pick some salad greens and asparagus and to water. I was feeling punk when I started but felt better by the time I got home. Holding my own now.

    Took notes about your new supplements and will check them out. Thanks for sharing.

    Warmest day of the spring here today as well. By dinner time,though, we're supposed to have thunderstorms of all things. And more rain tomorrow.
    Cheers, SJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SJ, I'm glad you are ok now and that you were able to get some gardening in. I think I may have lost my asparagus. I can't seem to find any stalks at all this year. BUMMER. This was the first year I could have harvested after waiting for 3 years for it to establish itself.

      We are expecting those thunderstorms here tomorrow. I hope they hold off until the afternoon and/or pass quickly. I have things to do!

      Be blessed!

      Delete
  4. Awesome job! I know all to well the struggle of getting things done before a flare up. I work like mad also because I don't know what tomorrow holds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chrissy, it's crazy isn't it? It makes it hard to plan ahead for things. I pray you are doing well my friend!

      Delete
  5. Woohoo so much done and in one morning. Well done you. It's autumn here and we had much the same temp as you yesterday. Today is windy and overcast and just a little bit cooler. I love this time of year where it is cool at night and the days are lovely and warm. The humidity is down to a much more reasonable level.
    I hope you continue to have big improvements on the health front.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane! After our high temperature today I was almost longing for Autumn when the temp hit close to 90F later in the day. ;) I'm so glad your humidity is down. That sticky feeling is one that I do not miss. I think my body has finally adjusted to dry heat and I like it. :) Enjoy your lovely night sleeping weather.

      Delete
  6. Holy smokes, lady, I can't believe all you got done!! Some people don't get that much done in a week! Hope your body doesn't punish you for that....have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Debbie. I'm honestly amazed that I was not sore and totally worn out today, but praise God, I was not. I did limit my activity today but still managed to get a few things done. :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Debbie!
    I'm so glad you are feeling better! :D
    When you say that the (huge) amount of things you did, may not be impressive... What?!
    It shure did impressed me! That was A LOT!
    Oh and you're right, about letting go of toxic people in our lives. I did the same a few years ago and believe me, although it hurted a lot, it was the best thing to do.
    The relief, the weight that came out of my shoulders and my husband's shoulders...
    Hope you and your family, have a great weekend!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula and I totally understand about that weight coming off your and your husband's shoulders. I hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  8. It sounds like you had a wonderful and busy day. Doesn't it feel great to have a "vacation" from pain and be able to get a bunch of things accomplished in one day. I hope you have found the supplements that will make this an every day occurrence for you.

    Every once in a while I will have one of those days where I feel really good and get a bunch of stuff accomplished. When that happens, I always rack my brain to try to figure out what it was I did differently that caused me to feel good that day. If I ever figure that out I will continue to do whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie and yes, it feels great to be able to get so much done. :) I am with you on trying to figure the same thing out. Oh to know and be able to have that energy all the time would be fantastic!

      Delete
  9. You got a lot done! Hope you are resting up now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been "forced" to rest as I came down with a virus. Not fun!

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!