Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Enough




   This morning I had a full on panic attack.  Facebook was full of the usual nasty and petty political posts, many of which are manufactured and fueled by hate and the need for ratings, no matter who it hurts or if it is even true of not.  I've gotten used to them and quite frankly, don't believe much of what the mainstream media is selling anymore.  They were not the reason for my panic attack, it was something far more devastating that hits way to close to home.

   Another brave police officer was gunned down in cold blood and killed while doing a routine traffic stop in Montana early this morning.  He had called in a description of the car along with it's license plate while making the stop and then was not heard from again.  Another officer went to check on him when they could not raise him on the radio and found him.  That officer immediately called what happened in and the car was stopped with the passenger fleeing the car while shooting at other officers.  He was captured and both he and the driver are now in jail.  My personal feelings are that the murderer should get the death penalty!

   Before this brave officer started his shift I am sure he had no idea that this would be the last time he would ever see his beautiful family.  I'm sure he thought it would just be another routine night patrolling and had no idea what lay ahead of him. His wife and children had no idea either and went to sleep thinking they would see their husband and father in the morning.  Then came that awful knock on the door, with the devastating news that would turn their world upside down.  A wife is left a widow with 3 children to raise on her own.  She will never know the feeling of being held by her husband or share a kiss with him again.  She will go through life wanting to share all those special moments of their children with him and he will not be there.  Those kids will never hear their father say "I love you", "I'm proud of you" or "I'm here for you" ever again.  This officer's parents will have to bury their son.  As the mother of two law enforcement officers, this just sent me over the edge.

   As we, the families of these brave men and women, go through life each day, we appear normal and happy, but there is always that fear in the back of our minds.  When the phone rings late at night, our hearts drop if our son or daughter is on duty.  I think about my Heather and my grandsons Bradley and Isaiah and about how many times Bradley has cried as his daddy headed to work because Bradley was afraid he would get hurt.  I think about my son Josh, who's job puts him in danger around the world at all times.  I try to hold it together when I hear or read about these stories, knowing that our family could get that fateful call or visit at any time.  Today, I was not able to hold it together. 

   Please hold this fallen officer's family and his fellow brothers and sisters in blue in your thoughts and prayers.  When will there be enough of these killings.  When will we, as Americans, get tough on these criminals and make it so they are not in and out of jail constantly so they can hurt and kill others?  It has to stop...Enough already!

17 comments:

  1. Another sad tragedy. I fear a lot of this animosity is towards police is being funded by a very wealthy man whose last name begins with S, if you catch my drift. The only way to fight it is to be the resistance. Every time you see someone say something stupid on social media, challenge them. When friends say something that goes against your beliefs, ask them to explain themselves. And ignore them when they say something negative back at you. Just pity them that they are so gullible to believe everything they hear on the news. If people would only learn the lessons of Germany, that when you fear to speak out, you have already lost the war. If more people spoke out, the SJWs, that want to turn this country into anarchy, would be the ones being careful of what they say. Speak the truth and don't be afraid!

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Jane, I know exactly who you are talking about! I usually will speak up unless I know that it will fall on deaf ears. Some people have their blinders on and refuse to take them off even when presented with the truth and with logic. It amazes me that so many people have bought into all the stupid "hate speech and thinking". As my hubby says,
      "what are those people smoking that think our country is less racially divided than it was 8 years ago?" How people are falling for all this nonsense is beyond me and how they can say that our former president supported police officers when that is clearly not the case is beyond me and totally ludicrous!

      Delete
  2. You and yours are in my prayers.
    SJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SJ. I talked to both my sons who are in law enforcement today and that helped. It is always great to hear their voices and tell them I love them and hear that back from them too. I try to make sure that I always tell all my kids that every time we talk or see each other because you never know when either they or you might not be there to say it again.

      Delete
  3. I agree with you and also with Jane....exactly! Both of you are courageous to speak the truth and we all need to start standing up more and speaking out! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea. Now if we could only get more people to gave open minds and hearts, maybe this county could start to heal and have more common sense.

      Delete
  4. I like Jane :)

    Anyway, I agree, my friend. It really is enough. My prayers and heart go out to that family, and yours. It's a scary world out there and I hope and pray it gets better.

    I hope you're feeling better too!

    (((hugs)))
    rue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Jane too! ;) Thank you for your prayers for all the families and men and women who serve. I pray it gets better too.

      I am starting to feel better and am able to get a few more things done. Be blessed!

      Delete
  5. I agree, enough! This country makes me sick these days, what have we become? I don't know the answer, but some mornings social media really starts my day off on the wrong foot. I've had panic attacks over stuff I've read too, I just wish I (as one person) could change everything. Hugs to you Debbie, I hope you feel better! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thank you Jessica and I am so sorry that you have had panic attacks over things in the media also. I do think the media is trying to manipulate us all and that they, along with some very nasty politicians and others will continue to try to divide us all and cause even more lawlessness in this country. I may sound paranoid but I have seen it played out with all the hate towards police officers and their being targeted and killed just for the uniform and badge they wear. Law enforcement has a hard enough job without that added in also.

      Be blessed my friend!

      Delete
  6. So well said, especially from a families perspective. Our police and military should be held with the highest regard as they are the background of this country and put their lives at risk daily to keep America safe. I believe the prior administration helped fuel the animosity and hate towards police. Let's hope the current one can turn it around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so very very sad and heartbreaking! I cannot imagine the fear that must live in the hearts of those who know their husbands are putting themselves in the line of danger each and every day. I will join in prayer with you for this madness to stop! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn, my son Chris is heading over for the fallen officer's funeral tomorrow.

      Delete
  8. Sorry to hear you had a panic attack, Debbie. Glad both your sons are safe. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bless. It is hard knowing that your children are in harm's way every day.

      Delete
  9. Watching from Australia, America appears extremely divided. More so than ever. The media is controlled by a select few and their narrative is so bias and hell bent on creating friction within society. For what purpose, I am not sure.
    In the US, police officers are gunned down regularly, and yet so many people barely bat an eyelid. It is absolutely heartbreaking to see. I have a husband in law enforcement so I know the concern and fear you feel. Australia does not seem to be as bad as America but our police are increasingly becoming a target, more so from religious extremists. Their hate for our police is from a pure evil and dark place. Fortunately, the general hate and disrespect for police is nothing like America, although that is not to say it won't get worse.

    Look after yourself. xx JC



    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!