Monday, May 13, 2019

Frugal Friday Wrap Up 5/3-5/9 2019

  


   


Chicken Cordon Bleu, rice and salad.
I'm late again on posting.  Rachel and Jaysn moved this past weekend and we have been helping watch Steven for them while they are busy.  We've enjoyed every moment but the Grammie has been exhausted when he leaves. ;)  I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!

Hubby BBQed burgers and sweet potatoes.


Friday:
~I hung 2 loads of laundry out on the line to dry.
~Rachel's cousin Doug had come for a 2 night visit with them and she invited Jeff and I to come down for dinner.  She made homemade pizzas and contributed some pepperoni for it along with some strawberries to have as a side dish.  Dinner was fantastic but the company was even better!  Jeff and I just love Doug and it was so good to see him.  Grammie also got her Steven fix! ;)
~I watched a few videos on YouTube, pinned some recipes to my Pinterest board that I want to try and worked my points programs.
~Jeff took the dishwasher apart and gave it a deep cleaning.  Hopefully it will work better and last longer this way.
~Since my sleep pattern is so messed up, I usually have a snack at around midnight.  Tonight I opted for cottage cheese with sunflower seeds mixed into it.
Saturday:
~Jeff got home from work around 3:45 a.m. and I was still awake.  We both were hungry so we got up and made pancakes.  I put some homegrown blackberries that I had frozen in mine and we topped it with homemade syrup.  After that we went to bed with full and not rumbly tummies.
~We had our morning coffee out on the back porch and listened to the bees buzzing in the cherry tree and the birds calling to each other.  I love slow mornings like that and waking up to the sounds of nature.  There is just something so calming about it.
~Jeff finished up the leftover pancakes for lunch.
~We went to a friend's college graduation party and had dinner there. The food was fantastic and the company was amazing.  We got to visit with friends we had not seen in years and get caught up on each other's lives.
~We did a bit a "curb shopping" as the college students were graduating this weekend.  We found a shoe organizer, a lamp and a whole package of new flooring.  SCORE!!!
~We stopped by Walmart and picked up some stuff to change the oil in my car, some things for the rototiller and found 2 marked down rotisserie chickens (froze one), bread, ice cream and tangerines.  Yay!!!!
Sunday:
~I was totally wiped out and hurting badly so we stayed home.  I did manage to get Jeff's laundry washed and hung up on the line to dry.
~Jeff worked on building a cornhole game for me for Mother's Day.  This is the gift that I wanted because it is something I can play and that the whole family will enjoy.  Most of the materials to build it were things we already had on hand.
~Lunch was a tuna pasta salad with green onions from our garden.  I served radishes and carrots with it on the side.
~I pulled out a old hand held massager thingy from Bath and Body Works that I got years ago and used it to work on all the muscle knots in my legs.  It really did help and I will use it more often.
Monday:
~Jeff and I went "curb shopping" once again and got lots of wood for projects, a really nice oak futon frame, lots of blankets and towels that I am washing and giving to the Humane Society where we got Doofy (they are always in need of these things for bedding and cleaning there), some clothing and lots of housewares (most of which will be donated).
~I once again hung laundry out on the line to dry.
~Jeff and I picked up a few reduced priced groceries at Walmart (salad, bread, cereal, sandwich, lunchmeat from the deli) and also found a marked down hanging basket plant that I just had to have.  Later in the day, when I hung it up, I read the name of it and it said "Hawaiian Kona Flamingo".  I was raised in Hawaii and in Kona!  It was meant to be!
~I picked up some things from the library.
~Leftovers were for dinner.
~I took two bags full of smaller grocery bags down to our little convenience store here in town and she gave me 2 cans of soda for them.  She reuses the bags in her store.

Homemade croutons

Tuesday:
~I had a wonderful visit with my hanai sister Shannon over our back fence.
~Steven came up and spent the afternoon with us so his parents could get some packing done.  He helped me pot up some flowers.  He also helped take some tulips from our garden that we picked over to Aunt Norma.  Uncle Bob gave him a cookie and he loved it!  He kept saying "yum!" and "oooooohhhhh".  He is a funny little guy.  I gave him a bath and fed him dinner before Rachel came to pick him up to make life easier on them.  I'm going to miss having him so close.
~I tried to recreate one of our favorite dinners from a local restaurant.  I made Teriyaki glazed salmon with my own homemade sauce and served that with rice and a salad.  Jeff and I like different salads so he had his one way and I made a Asian inspired sweet salad dressing (again, homemade) and served that over my salad and added some fresh mango chunks to it.  Delicious dinner and even better to eat it outside on our back porch looking out at all our fruit trees in bloom.
~With the hotter weather upon us, I brewed up some iced green tea.
~I opened up the windows at night to cool the house off so I could sleep better.  It got up close to 80F today.
~More shows were watched online.
Wednesday:
~I used the leftover salmon I made last night and made a delicious salmon salad with it.
~Laundry done and hung out on the line to dry.
~I potted up some basil and it is loving having more space to spread out in the bigger pot.
~Jeff loves homemade croutons so I took an entire loaf of French Bread and made it into garlic croutons for him.  He was so happy when he got up today. :)
~I love our library.  I was able to borrow another cookbook from it today.
~I went through and sorted more of our "curbside shopping" finds.
~Jeff BBQed burgers for us for dinner along with some sweet potatoes.  He made enough for another meal also.
Thursday:
~Stayed home and played with my youngest grandson.



Teriyaki glazed salmon in a fresh salad.



   Praying that everyone has a blessed week!






4 comments:

  1. What a great week and loved all your food. Funny, I've been checking out cookbooks from the library as well. Even found one that was on Instant Pot cooking.
    So, will Jasyn and Rachael be close enough to visit often? Hope so.
    Temps were close to 80 here last week as well. Today starts a more normal weather patter - cooler and currently drizzly. I tired myself out a bit going to my gardens to water. Enjoyable but I'm ready for a break.
    Take good care, SJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodmorning! I need to pick up and Instant Pot cookbook. I have been pinning recipes that look good online on my Pinterest board. Today I am going to cook up 3 artichokes in it.

      Jaysn and Rachel are about 30 minutes away but since I don't drive anywhere out of our town now, it seems like such a huge distance. :( We will all be making an effort to get together as much as we can. I was texting with Rachel this morning checking in on them and seeing how everyone is doing.

      Our weather pattern is pretty much like your's and we are expecting rain later tonight and then it goes on for days. I was hoping to get the tomato plants in today but I am now second guessing myself since we are expecting thunderstorms on Thursday and I don't want the winds to hurt them but dang, they need in! Please pace yourself and enjoy the "self watering" weather for the week. Much love to you!

      Delete
  2. Hello!
    Nice visit with you today!
    I hope you have a happy, healthy week. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend! I
      ve been enjoying puttering around in my garden. I hope you week has been a good one also!

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!