Friday, May 3, 2019

Frugal Friday Wrap Up 4/10-5/2 2019

Strawberries and Cottage Cheese as a late night snack.
 
   It has been a busy week for me and I am definitely feeling it.  I'm trying my best to rest as much as I can today and just doing a few things around the house as this weekend and coming week are set to be busy ones also.  I'm trying my best to get back on the Frugal Train once more and to try to put money back into savings after we took some out for our weekend away.  Onto the savings that I can remember (I again forgot to write it down during the week, I really should know better by now).

Pork chop and rice casserole, salad and iced tea for dinner one night this past week.


~Jeff and I went away for the weekend and I got a great deal on the hotel room.  Breakfast was included and they had free coffee, tea, lemon ice water, hot cocoa and cider 24/7.  They also had fresh cookies at night.  We enjoyed using the hot tub there and met some really nice people.
~We used a gift card for Texas Road House and had that for a late lunch on Saturday.  We were so full that we did not eat dinner that night.

Some of the CDs we bought at half price at the thrift store.

~Jeff and I picked up snacks and dinner that we could microwave at Grocery Outlet along with some other items.
~We had dinner our room on Sunday night with items from Grocery Outlet.
~We tried out a Mexican Restaurant that had good reviews and was cheap for lunch on Sunday...I was not impressed at all.  At least it was cheap!

Shirt found at the thrift store.

~Jeff and I did a lot of thrift store shopping and hit the jackpot with half off everything in one store, 50% and 75% off tags in another, and half off movies, books and cds.  We stocked up on some cds, a few books, clothes for Steven (he is outgrowing everything right now), clothes for Jeff and I, and a few other items.
~We used some other gift cards this week.
~Laundry has been hung out on the line.
~I bought some plants while out of town because they are so much cheaper there.  They are living on the hot tub cover until I get them all in the ground after the threat of frost passes.
~We stocked up on sale priced meats and things and then repackaged them in smaller meal sizes to use for future meals.

Books from the thrift.

~Dollar Tree once again saved the day as I had to buy lots of cards for graduations, birthdays, Mother's Day, and anniversaries.  I also bought more crackers while we were there since we go through them so quickly.
~I signed up for a free game of bowling through gobowling.com
Our family loves to go bowling so this will come in handy.
~Jeff got the back porch all cleaned and got the patio furniture out so we can enjoy it even more now.
~I made a big batch of Zuppa Toscana in the InstantPot and used kale from our garden in it.  YUM!

Homemade Zuppa Toscana.

~More TV shows were watched online.
~I bought new checks online and got in on a buy 1 get one for .99 deal.
~We've been enjoying the warmer weather and working out in the yard.  Great exercise and it sure is a mood lifter.
~I've been making bouquets from flowers in our garden.
~We created a little secret garden fort for our grandboys in behind the hot tub and under a tree and bush.  They are going to love it and so will Caesar because it is nice and cool back there.

Another thrifted blouse.

    

   That is about all I can remember at the moment.  I know there is more but this foggy brain of mine is really having trouble focusing right now.  Be blessed and have a wonderful weekend!

Silly Patches relaxing. :)

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good week, Debbie. You always find the best deals at the thrift shops! I hope you have a good weekend and a good week ahead. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my friend! I hope your weekend and cing week are wonderful too!

      Delete
  2. Great finds! Love those blouses! Sounds like you had a great time! Wishing a wonderful month of May!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela. I wish the same for you!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful time Deb and you deserve that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!