Friday, May 17, 2019

A Rather Random Frugal Friday Wrap Up 5/9-5/16 2019

Bradley, Steven and Isaiah


This is going to be a rather random Frugal Friday Wrap Up because:

a. I totally spaced keeping track of things
b. I've been in a major Fibro Flare
c. I lost my "mojo"

Over the weekend, Jaysn and Rachel moved into a bigger town closer to both of their jobs and their church.  We had Steven for a portion of both those days and our older grandboys, Bradley and Isaiah, surprised us with a visit while Heather helped with the move.  I cannot tell you how happy it made Jeff and I to have all of them here and watch the sheer delight they all had being able to be together.  We got out the bicycles and the tricycle that we have here for them and they played on those and chased each other all over the yard.  They also spent a lot of time giving each other big bear hugs.  They really love each other and it just makes my heart sing to see them all together.  I hope they always remain this close.


Steven and G-pa

Steven helped G-pa in the garden on Sunday.  Jeff was pulling up weeds and then breaking up the dirt clods so that I could replant the area the Caesar dug up.  Steven was really good and breaking up the dirt clods and loved getting super dirty. ;)  He was rewarded with a nice snack of strawberries when he finished his big job.  Start them young!


My Mother's Day gift that Jeff made me.

Jeff finished building me a cornhole game that I asked for as my Mother's Day gift.  He even customised it, much to my delight.  It is something that the whole family can play together and will provide years of enjoyment for all of us.  Jeff used wood and paint that we had here on hand.  I love it!

Dinner one night.

Now for the rest of the random frugal doings that I can remember. ;)
~I made meals with things we had on hand that we bought at great deals (marked down, loss leaders, etc. and some we frozen or put in the pantry for latter use).
~A pitcher of green iced tea was made with 3 tea bags from a package of 100 that I got at the Dollar Tree.
~We bought lots of marked down meats, cheeses, bakery goods, etc. and froze most of them.  With the college students gone we find the best deals since the stores here tend to over order products and then drastically reduce them.
~We needed some more plants and aged manure for the gardens.  We found a great deal on the bags of manure at Walmart and then I also picked out the pots of plants that had multiple plants (instead of just one plant) in each one.
~We had some bad weather at the end of the week so Jeff used some of our empty pellet bags to put over the smaller tomato plants that we had already got into the ground to protect them from the wind and hail.
~While in town shopping, we realized that we had not had breakfast or lunch, so we picked up a reduced foot long sub sandwich from Walmart and split that.  Lunch for under $4 for 2 people is not a bad deal in my book.
~I worked my points programs and did quite well on those.
~I watched my "trash TV" online.
~I set out buckets to collect the rain water to use to water plants when the rain stops.
~More YouTube videos were watched on money saving and learning new skills.
~When the weather cooled down and got rainy, we did not use the pellet stove but instead just dressed warmer and cuddle up under blankets.  Of course our "portable furry lap warmers" were right there with us purring away and enjoying cuddling with us too.

So that is about it for this week.  Yes, there is most likely is more but even Jeff can't remember at the moment.  Sometimes I think my "Swiss Cheese Brain" is starting for affect him also.  LOL!  They say the longer you are together, the more alike you become.


9 comments:

  1. I love seeing and hearing about the grands. I can "hear" your joy and excitement. That has to make G-ma feel better no matter what.
    Hope you feel better. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl. They are my little loves. :)

      Delete
  2. What fun with the Grandboys! Grand kids are a blessing we get for making it through the younger years. lol. Glad you could enjoy them and had a better week. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to work with a nurse that suffered with fibro issues. It sounded like quite an ordeal. Your grandchildren looks happy! It's nice you can enjoy being with them. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Those boys are always thrilled to be together. :)

      Delete
  4. Ian't it fun when all the grandchildren get together. I just love that. Sounds like a good week other than the fibro. I'm with you sister, my wrists both flared yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The boys are getting so big. The game came out great. Hubby is making a set for our youngest's graduation party. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are! I'm so glad your hubby is making you a cornhole game also. It is so much fun!

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!