Friday, June 13, 2014

Summer Colds and Appreciating the Beauty Around Me


I finally succumbed to  hubby's cold that he has been fighting for a couple of weeks now.  He felt so bad that I got sick and did the sweetest thing for me.  He surprised me with some daytime cold meds and a Snickers candy bar.  He knows what I needed and also what would put a smile on my face.  I love that man!


Our garden is starting to produce and I got harvested these beauties yesterday afternoon.   They are really mild tasting, with just a hint of peppery heat to them.  The lettuce and spinach are also looking like they are about ready to start cutting and eating.  I love being able to go out and cut lettuce from the garden and making a fresh salad for lunch or dinner.



Our Columbine plants have just multiplied so much this year and are providing us with a profusion of blooms to enjoy!  I dug up a huge clump and sent it home with my mother for her garden and you can't even tell that I did it. :)


Just look at the detail on those beauties!  I think they are one of the prettiest flowers around and bring me such great joy.


Every year I pick a different color of geranium to have in pots on the front porch.  This year I found such a great deal on geraniums that I was able to have 4 huge pots of these delicate flowers.  I have one pot on my front porch and 3 lining the breezeway in the back near out hot tub.  They just make me smile every time I see them. :)

 


  One of my friends handles the annual plant sale that is a fund raiser for the local Grange.  She hand picks all the plants that they are going to sell and she tries to get a really nice variety of flowers, herbs, fruits and veggies.  This year she was able to score a limited number, seven to be exact, gorgeous fuchsia plants.  I bought seven of them as soon as she opened for business because I knew they would go fast.  I asked if she was going to be able to get any more and she said that was all she would be getting.  I am so glad I went early and got the three that I did!   The hummingbirds have been loving them and I of course love watching the hummingbirds.





I think that it is so important to appreciate all the beauty around us and the wonderful people who do those special little things for us that make our life easier. No matter what is going on in our lives, big or small, we can all need to take a moment to focus on our blessings. 
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!