Thursday, June 26, 2014

Million Dollar Rain and the Farmers Say Amen!


   I woke up this morning to the soothing sound of rain hitting our metal roof.  I love that sound.  It takes me back to my childhood and the blessing that rain is.  Now that I live in the rural and rich farmlands of the Palouse, I more fully understand why rain is such a blessing.  The acres and acres of rolling hills, planted with wheat, peas, lentils, garbanzos and other crops desperately need the rain.  Our farmers depend on it to water their crops and increase their yields. 





   As for me, I am loving the break from watering the garden and taking full advantage of this cooler and wet day.  It is also giving me a break from having to weed the garden. ;)  I know it will still be there for me tomorrow to do.  I pulled some grated zucchini out of the freezer and am going to make zucchini bread to go along with the sandwich bread that I already have going in the bread maker.  While that bakes, I think I will curl up with a good book and read for awhile before it is time to once again go down and do some volunteer work.  Oh how I love the blessing of rainy Summer days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!