Friday, June 6, 2014

Cheap and Free DVDs

The Summer months bring lots and lots of reruns on TV and quite frankly, I get bored with them.  I am always on the lookout for free or cheap DVDs to add to our collection for us and for the grandkids.  I have been having great luck lately finding some screaming deals!

First up, for your viewing pleasure, is Handy Manny: Fixing It Right.  I joined the Disney Movie Rewards Club and enter codes from movies I buy online at their site.  When I have enough points, I trade them in for a free DVD.  I just got this one in last month and ordered another in the series for free yesterday.  Bradley loves Handy Manny and Isaiah is starting to get into it also. :)




Next up in the free movie category are some of my favorite movies from the 80's.  I do the Swagbucks program and earn points there that I cash in for gift cards.  The two places that I usually cash in for are Walmart and Amazon.  I was able to get Pretty in Pink, and the Brat Pack set that includes The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles and Weird Science all for free after using my gift cards.  Woohoo!


 Up next is my .25 movie that I found in the clearance section at Bed Bath and Beyond.  Brewster Place is one that Oprah Winfrey did and I am looking forward to seeing it.

 You see that huge stack or DVDs.  I found all of them at one of my favorite thrift stores for $2 each.  I am beyond thrilled to have found The Cat From Outer Space since it was one of my favorite childhood movies!  There are fun movies for me and "guy movies" for Jeff. ;)


 Last but not least was one of my biggest scores DVD wise.  I found multi movie packs for $2 each.  The Classic Movie Musicals had 4 dvds with a total of 20 movies.  I love the old musicals and am so looking forward to watching these!  The Holiday Family Classics also has 4 dvds and features 12 Holiday movies and 27 Christmas cartoons.  I'm not sure who was more thrilled with this purchase, Jeff or I, because it means we can whittle down some of our single dvd movies of the same titles. :)  I know it may seem strange, but I love to watch Christmas movies on hot Summer days...it helps me not feel the heat so much if that makes any sense at all.


 I think these DVDs, along with some other ones that we own and have not watched yet, will keep us entertained through the entire Summer.   That does not mean however that I will not be on the lookout for more! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!