Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Off to a Clean Start in 2013


I don't know about you but I like to start the new year with a clean slate.  I want to wash off the dirt from the previous  year and leave it all behind.  Seems like my grandson is pondering all of this while he takes a bath. ;)  Oh how I love my little Monkey!

The Christmas tree is taken down and the delicate ornaments are carefully packed away.  Next year we will be doing the unbreakable and soft ornaments and I think I may even enlist Bradley's help in decorating the tree. ;)  The toy train set may even make an appearance because I'm sure he would enjoy it and it would drive my cats nuts...BONUS!!!! :D

For 2013 I plan to focus on relationships.

  There are people that I love that I did not spend much time with this last year.  I know that we all live busy lives but I need to make it a priority to connect with them and get together a few times at least.  Time goes so quickly and in the blink of an eye children grow up.  Sadly we also lose some of the people we love over the course of the years and I do not want to have any regrets of not having told them how much I love them and how much they mean to me.  Some of our family members and friends have struggled this year and we have even lost a few.  Tomorrow is not ever guaranteed for anyone, young or old.  



My family.  Anyone that knows me knows that my family is my world.  I want to make it a priority to spend more time and go out on more "dates" with my hubby.  He is my best friend and the one person in the world who knows me better than I know myself at times.  He taught me about unconditional love and is my safe harbor.  I want to make sure that he knows how much he means to me and how much I love him.  My children are some of the most amazing people in the world!  My three sons and 2 daughters (so blessed to have such loving girls marry into our family) make me laugh like no one else can.  They all have kind hearts and are there for one another.  As a mother, that brings me great joy!  My grandchildren; my precious monkey Bradley and my future grandchildren are such treasures.  They are the reason that we, as parents, let our teenage children live! ;)  Just kidding!  Bradley has taught us so much.  I am in awe of him.  I marvel in all his new discoveries and accomplishments.  His smile can turn the worst day into the best day.  He has gotten us through some very rough times, just by being the wonderful little guy that he is.  I look forward to Bradley one day becoming a big brother and also to any more grandchildren that my other children may bless us with.

I have other goals too but relationships are the most important to me and I feel should be the most important to everyone.  Things come and go but your relationships are what define you, help you to grow and what makes your life complete. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!