Saturday, December 29, 2012

Twists and Turns in Life




This last year has been one of the most joyous and at the same time painful for my husband and I.  We celebrated the birth of our first grandchild and welcomed a new daughter-in-love (law) into our family.  Our family grew by two and we could not be happier! We feel so blessed to have Bradley and Jessica in our lives. :)  Sadly, while we were adding to our own family, we also witnessed families being ripped apart due to many reasons, all of them heartbreaking.  The stress of some situations seemed overwhelming at times and it caused us to question and reevaluate our prioroties and even some relationships.  The silver lining though is that throughout these twists and turns,  our kids, my husband and I have grown even closer and have realized that no matter what, we will always be there for one another.  

We have learned to hold our plans loosely because things have a way of always changing.  Some for them good and even great and others...not so much.  Speaking of holding plans loosely, today we had planned on a family game night with our kids.  It has become a tradition to get together with our own kids and our hanai kids when as many of them as possible are home for the holidays.  We were looking forward to it and I had everything planned and food bought...then came the twist and turn...Jeff stumbled in this morning from work with the flu.  Poor guy is feeling simply awful, body aches, headache, sore throat, fever.  He got up for about half an hour and kept falling asleep on the couch.  He is now back in bed and I'm sure started snoring as soon as his head hit the pillow.  I called the kids and let them know what was up and told them they might want to make other plans for New Year's Eve since we were supposed to have our grandson here for a sleepover.  I don't want them or baby to get sick.  Better to err on the safe side and not expose anyone.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, we make plans but life decides otherwise for us... I hope that Jeff gets well soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!