Sunday, May 19, 2013

Summer Bucket List



Have you ever made a Summer Bucket List?  Since I am a substitute teacher, I have my Summers off.  Every year I seem to have a dream list of what I would like to do with my time off but I never seem to get around to it.  It seems like as the years go by, time seems to just speed up.  This year I am determined to take some time to really nurture my soul and do some things that bring me great pleasure.  In order to hold myself accountable and really slow down and do some of these things I have created a Summer Bucket List. Some of these things are just for me and some are things that my husband and I have decided we want to do together. :)

~read the entire Wizard of Oz series of books
~go camping at least once
~work on making one of our guest bedrooms into a retreat and place just for me to escape to
~watch some of the many movies that I have here on DVD or even "gasp" VHS
~ try to spend at least one day a week with my grandson Bradley and my soon to be born newest grandson that is due in July
~plan some fun dates with my husband and actually carry them out (picnics by the lake or river, hikes, sunset dinners, etc.)
~take the dog down to the river and let him run wild and play to his hearts content in the water
~go and pick blackberries
~try at least one new recipe each week (I have a huge cookbook collection)
~try to have a bouquet of fresh flowers in the house each week
~go to the Farmer's Market at least twice a month to get fresh fruit and veggies that I do not grow here at home
~take my camera with me more often to capture those amazing moments that you come upon and want to preserve
~spend more time with my MIL and FIL  
~explore some of the beautiful sites in our area that I have yet to see

How about you?  Do you have a bucket list for the Summer? 

  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!