Now that Christmas 2012 has come and gone I thought I would make a list of lessons learned.
1. Never look a gift fish in the face. (White Elephant Gift Exchange) ;)
2. Keep Pepto Bismal in hand at all times...all that rich food can cause quite the problem.
3. The best gifts come in small packages!
4. New jammies and house slippers are a must.
5. Always have the guest bedroom ready for one of the hanai kids to stay in. :)
6. Next year take time for naps...lots and lots of naps.
7. Hold your plans loosely and go with the flow.
8. Always make time to watch "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"...it just would not be Christmas without it. :D
9. Plan on having a house full of friends and family at any given moment and have snacks ready. (Luckily I always have snacks on hand)
10. Snow on Christmas makes it all the more magical!
11. Christmas baths in Grammie's big deep bathtub are made more fun for Bradley with measuring cups to play with.
12. Expect to run into a few Grinches along the way.
13. Enjoy the pretty tree with the delicate ornaments this year because next year we will have to do all the unbreakables since it is just too tempting for little hands.
14. Count your blessings and tell those that you love how much they mean to you.
15. Pencil in a few days to just collapse and rest after all the festivities!