Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Welcome Changes Are Coming



   Today we had above normal temperatures.  It was one of those rare warm Fall days that you treasure before the big change comes.  I woke up to sunny skies with a nice breeze blowing so I took advantage of it to do some laundry and hang it out on the line to dry.  One of the loads was mainly my warm winter pajamas.  I wanted them to all be freshly washed and air dried before I wore them to bed.  There is nothing like the smell of air dried  sheets and pajamas to help me sleep well. :)  I also spent some time in the garden taking out the tomato cages and getting them and the gardening tools cleaned up and put away for the season.
   By this afternoon, the clouds started rolling in along with the darkness.  We just set our clocks back this weekend and I am having a very hard time with it starting to get darker around 3:30 p.m..  Rain is in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow and then the temperatures drop and we will get snow.  I am hoping my husband can finish the hot tub enclosure's roof tomorrow before the snows come.
    This time of year brings many changes in our lives.  It is a time of slowing down and cuddling in for the long and cold Fall and Winter months.  Teas, hot cocoa, hot cider and coffee become our drinks of choice to warm us up from the inside out.  Hearty stews, casseroles, and soups served with homemade breads, biscuits and rolls are now on the menu once again.  Warm sweaters, scarves and gloves are pulled out, washed and ready to be worn to keep us from getting cold when we venture outside.  Soft and cozy throws are on the couches to cuddle under.  Our flannel sheets make their appearance on our beds along with extra quilts and blankets.  It is a time of year where we pull out our favorite old movies and settle in to watch them while munching on old fashioned, popped on the stove, popcorn.
   I always look forward to this time of year but am finding that this year I sorely need it.  Our Spring and Summer was so hectic and it seemed to have just flown byWe need this slower season to stop and catch our breath once again.  I'm looking forward to the slower pace and to the upcoming family holidays spent with the ones I love.  I am also planning on NOT making too many outside commitments during this season.  My husband and I need and welcome this change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!