Friday, June 15, 2012

Life is not Perfect.

   When I was a little girl I used to dream of how it would be when I got married to my prince charming.  I believed with all my heart that I would live that fairy tale life; you know the one, cute little house, white picket fence, 2.3 kids, dog, cat and everyone would get along and life would be perfect. ;)  Well I married my prince charming who far exceeded all my expectations, had 3 sons who showed us that parenting was not for cowards ;) and grew up to be awesome young men, have had several dogs and many cats over the years and I live in a cute little house that is always in the middle of some kind of renovation project because my wonderful husband just wants to make it more cozy and bless me.  I love that man! :D    I don't however have the white picket fence, life is not perfect and I have learned that people in families don't always get along.
   My husband and I raised our children to always be there for one another and tried to model that behavior for them, no matter how difficult it might be.  We stressed to them that one day we would not be around and all they would have left in life is each other and their own wife and children.  We tried to instill in them that family is forever.  I have faith that they will be because unfortunately they have seen the hurt and destruction that comes from family that turns their backs on each other.  They and we do not want that for them.   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!