Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Trees and Comfort in a Cup


Christmas Trees and Comfort in a Cup


I love this time of year.  There is just something magical about the sparkling lights on the tree, the old glass ornaments that bring back memories of Christmases past and reflect the world around them and the angel on top that reminds me of the love that my sweet mother-in-law/love has for me.  She bought me that angel years ago and I cherish it.  For many years we were not able to put up the "big tree" because there was no room in this small house for it, our kids and all their friends.  We forwent the "big tree" in order to have room for the kids and their friends to gather, play games, have movie marathons and to stay the night. We had a small tabletop tree that we set up on the buffet during those years because a welcoming home for our kids and their friends was our top priority.  That little tree now makes it's holiday appearance as a surprise for all in the guest bathroom.  It is also lovely to look at while soaking in a nice warm bubble bath with only its lights and ornaments to
brighten the bathroom.  Sheer bliss!

Christmas is also the time to bring out my basket full of poinsettia
flowers and set it on top of our wood burning pellet stove.  It adds such a festive touch and makes a perfect backdrop for my coffee cup don't you think?  Oh coffee, how I love thee!  Coffee is the perfect wake me up in the morning and comfort me in the afternoon drink, especially on cold days. I am not a morning person and I need that first cup of coffee and solitude to wake up slowly. At this time of year I really enjoy being able to add some Peppermint Mocha creamer to my beverage of choice.   It just seems to be the perfect companion to  the Christmas decorations, spirit of the season and it warms me up from the inside out.  This afternoon, after I took our dog Sasha for a much needed walk, I came home and was freezing.  I quickly heated up some coffee, added my holiday creamer and am now happily starting to thaw next to the pellet stove.   Comfort in a cup, life is good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!