Sunday, October 25, 2020

Old Man Winter Paid Us an Early Visit



   I woke up Friday to see this starting.  The snowflakes started out small but then got bigger and bigger.  



   The street in front of our house quickly became covered in snow and I was so happy that Jeff was taking the truck to work that night and bringing home a ton of wood pellets for our pellet stove.




   Saturday we had a Winter Wonderland on our hands and we took full advantage of it!  We hot tubbed that night, watched the movie "The Rookie" and sipped hot drinks and shared a big bowl of popcorn.




      The momma moose and her baby were making their rounds in our neighborhood and I kept hoping they would come and "trim" my raspberry and blackberry bushes for me.  Unfortunately for me, they already got their fill in our neighbor's yard.




   Sunday found us with a thick crust of ice on top of the snow that crackled when stepped on.  I don't know why, but that sound brings me so much pleasure and a smile to my face.




   I ran outside and started to take pictures because it was so beautiful!



 


      The way that the snow curves while coming off the roof reminds me of the crashing waves in Hawaii where I grew up and the icicles are sparkling in the afternoon snow just glitter like diamonds.  Thank you Old Man Winter for this lovely early gift.  I think we all need to be reminded of the beauty all around us in these troubling times.

5 comments:

  1. It does look beautiful, but, BRRR! We are in the low 70s (highs) and mid-to-upper 60s (lows) and I am already freezing! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Bless. It was 9F when I headed to bed last night but we are warming up and will be in the mid to upper 50's for the highs by this weekend. :)

      Delete
  2. It is pretty - as long as it isn't here. I can surely wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can usually wait too but it came early this year. ;) Just trying to find the positives in this situation which I have no control over. It's 2020, expect the unexpected right? ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh I'm so jealous:-) I wish we were getting snow, but where we live in AZ it probably won't happen. We only got about a half inch last winter, although I was hoping for more. Please share more snow pictures this winter, if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!