Thursday, January 25, 2018

Pacing like Lions and Kitties on Countertops

Midgey who has commandeered the cat scratching thingy as her new throne.



Our strange Winter weather, that feels more like Spring has caused all kinds of chaos in our world.  The Spring bulbs have all come up and I fear that my fruit trees may also bud out here.  It is way too early for that and I know that we will have a killing frost and cold weather here again.  The kitties and Caesar are feeling it too.

Caesar has been wanting to be outside during both the day and night.  I let him be outside for most of the day, but I don't like him out at night for very long.  There have been reports of hungry cougars in our area and I am not taking any chances.

The kitties have been wanting to go in and out of the house.  Midgey, who has been very reluctant to go outside on the screened in porch decided this morning that she was going out there too.  I had all 4 furbabies out there for awhile before they slowly decided to come back in one by one...well except for Caesar who decided he wanted out in the actual backyard. 🐕  When inside the house, the kitties have spent time sprinting up and down the hallway, scratching on the windows and getting up on the kitchen counter tops, which all 3 of them know is not allowed.  I think Doofy has them trained that if they do bad things, Mommy puts you outside on the porch to cool off for a bit.  Smart but bratty I tell you!

Spring fever, in the middle of Winter is a real thing here with my furbabies.  They may drive me bonkers but I love them all!  Speaking of driving me bonkers, there is Doofy, crying at the back door to be let in again.  Give him 10 minutes and he will want back out.  At least I am getting some exercise getting up and down out of my recliner. ;)

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh aren't our furbabies just the cutest little brats? My Monkey is the same, when the weather is warm she wants to be out in the back garden every evening playing Chuck It with her little ball - heaven forbid I don't do that straight away after work, she barks and barks and barks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, that is funny about Monkey. :) They are demanding little bugger! ;)

      Delete
  2. How well do I know the up and downs, and in and outs of the animals! It seems they just can't make up their minds with the winter weather. It is sad that we are losing all our snow! So many reports were that it would be a cold wet winter, and others that it would be a mild wet winter, well it looks like the mild winter won out. It is sad to think that the buds and blooms of trees and bulbs will not make it. Here we thankfully still have a layer of snow on the ground. I hope we get more snow soon, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn, we got a light dusting this afternoon and then again this evening. I am glad you still have some snow cover to protect your plants. Praying that we both get more snow soon! :) Be blessed!

      Delete
  3. Too funny about the fur babies and their antics! Doofy keeps them all in check, does he? Hope the earlier than usual spring doesn't cause too much damage, especially to the fruit trees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BLess, Doofy is the ringleader and instigator in most cases. ;) He is such a brat but I love him. I checked my cherry tree this morning and it is sadly starting to bud out. Not a good thing at all.

      Delete
  4. Our Labrador can't make up his mind if he wants to be inside or outside, Debbie. On really hot days, he will stretch himself out in the air-conditioning but then he'll get up and go lie in the sun for a while before wanting to come in again. He repeats this during the day several times so I always feel I'm opening and closing doors for him. Such funny creatures! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so funny Meg! Caesar does this too but more so during the Winter since he hasa super thick coat of hair.

      Delete
  5. I got spring fever today. After being cooped up inside with sick ones all weekend, I went out and did a little pruning. I really want to fill my yard debris bin each weekend, and thought I wouldn't get to, but I did. It was pretty dark when I finished. I'm longing for longer days:). The weather is very mild today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becky, I'm glad you were able to get out in the yard and get some work done. I did some of that today myself. Praying your sick ones are feeling better by now. Our Rachel has Strep Throat. :(

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!