Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Circling the Wagons

 Things have been stressful for the last 4-5 days and by yesterday morning I was at my breaking point.  I got a phone call that just tipped the scales to overflowing and I was done.  My dear hubby, who is the kindest, most patient and caring man in the world (in my opinion) knew that I was upset and wanted to be able to be home with me but had other obligations that he needed to take care of.  Since things happened that made it impossible for us to really celebrate our Anniversary last Friday, he surprised me upon his return with flowers and I promptly burst into tears and fell into his arms.  I had been in the kitchen before he got home making homemade macaroni and cheese for us and for Bradley's mommy and daddy.  I finished that up while he took a shower and then we had a nice lunch before I headed out the door and he laid down to get some sleep before he had to head into work for the night.  I found out later that he never did get to sleep...my poor hubby was too stressed to sleep and when he gets like that, I know things are really bad. :(




   I headed out to go over to my son Chris's house and deliver an early dinner to them.  They had called earlier in the morning requesting the mac and cheese that I had promised to make for them once they were home with Bradley. :)  I was more than happy to have an excuse to go over and cuddle with my little guy and just let the stress all melt away.  There is something about holding a baby and just watching them that makes the world just seem brighter.  It is even better when it is your very own, much prayed for and loved grandchild. :D





   I am in awe watching my son Chris and my sweet Heather with Bradley.  They are such calm parents, even after being up all night with a newborn.  Chris just picks up his son, puts him next to his chest and Bradley instantly cuddles in and calms down.  Here he is after getting a bath and not being happy about that at all.  See how his daddy just got him calmed right down?  Daddy and his little man....so sweet.  I take such joy in seeing my son be such a confident, caring and gentle daddy with his son.




   Heather is one of the best moms around.  She is so amazing and calm with Bradley and loves him with all her heart.  Despite getting very little sleep, she remains very upbeat and enjoys every minute with her son.  Here she is with Bradley right after feeding him...just look at the glow on her face and how contented Bradley is with a full tummy and cuddled in with his beautiful mommy.  Spending time with these three of my loves was just what this Grammie needed to put things into perspective and make some decisions to hopefully make life less stressful.


   Our family and spending time with them is what is most important to Jeff and I.   Storms may continue to blow in life all around us but we are going to circle the wagons and try to keep our family as protected and safe as possible through them.  That is what good parents and grandparents do. :)

2 comments:

  1. Awe sweetie I hope things improve for you. Life sometimes sucks, however we know WHO holds us in the palms of His hands. Know that He is holding you and every situation. Love ya

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!