Wednesday, September 22, 2021

A Frugal Brain Foggy Day

    

    Tate's expression above expresses is exactly how his Grammie feels today.  He is so cute and I love this silly look on his face. 😁

           

   Today is a major brain fog day.  I get these kind of days sometimes, but today is a particularly bad one.  Not sure if it is just because I am wiped out or because of the gabapentin that I started on last night.  Could be either and only time will tell.  Because of this, there are things on my "to do" list for today that are not going to get done.  I had planned on making applesauce but I really don't trust myself with a knife today.  I did cut open a acorn squash and oh my goodness, that was scary!  So here is what I am attempting to do today that does not take much thinking (or using a knife).  


~I washed all the bathroom rugs and bath mats and hung them out to dry on the laundry line.  It is a cloudy but warmish and windy day so they should dry rather quickly.  I try to do this at least once a month.

~I have Italian sausage and the acorn squash sharing a cookie sheet divided by separate aluminum foil liners in the oven cooking.  Both needed to be baked and this is a good way to do it and save electricity.

~More money saving videos were watched on YouTube.  I seem to glean something new or am reminded of something that I used to do, but stopped doing for whatever reason, each time I watch these.

~The water that was collected in the rain bucket was used to water some of the potted plants in the back yard.

~The cats and I enjoyed some time on the back screened in porch.  I know that our time is going to come to an end soon being able to use this other room that we enjoy so much so we are taking full advantage of it.

~I cleaned out the refrigerator and found some things that needed to be used up ASAP.  This is something that I really do need to do more often. The refrigerator was cleaned out a little at a time since I kept forgetting to get back to it and was getting very distracted.

~I redeemed my points at Mypoints for a $10 Walmart gift card.

~I did some surveys at Swagbucks and earned enough to cash in for a $25 Walmart gift card.

~More clean masks were loaded up into my purse.  Jeff and I forgot to grab some when we went out yesterday and thank goodness I had 2 in my purse.  Those are now in the laundry, so I had to "refill" my purse once again.

~Jeff called from work to let me know that he had accidently run over his phone.  I told him to bring it home and if the sim card was not damaged, we could just put that in my old phone that is the same model.  If not, we will have to get it switched over through the company.  Luckily we did keep my old phone.

~I made a huge lasagna for dinner.  It is a favorite around here and is one of Jeff's favorites.  I used some of the parsley from the garden in the cheese mixture and also put some leftover red wine I had in the refrigerator into the sauce.

~Chris called and we had a really nice visit.  He gave me an update on some friends and relatives that are dealing with Covid and other health issues.  It sounds like the ones with Covid are starting to finally feel better, praise God!


   That is about it for my frugal day.  The plan for tonight is to take things easy, enjoy the lasagna and watch a few TV shows.  I'm hoping that I can fall asleep earlier tonight since I am totally wiped out.  Take care and God bless!






   

9 comments:

  1. Little Tate is very cute! You might be having a brain foggy day, but, you sure did a lot and had a very productive foggy day! Take it easy and rest as much as you can until you get used to your new meds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did lots today. I had brain fog for a week from a nosedrop that I have now discontinued. Yes, and so tired. Cute little baby expression.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry you had trouble with those nose drops. ((((((HUGS)))) Our youngest grandson Tate has the best expressions!

      Delete
  3. Love that baby picture. I love fat little babies that look like little michelin men and then they start to walk and it all melts off. I am in a flare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (((((HUGS)))) and I am so sorry you are in a flare my friend. Those baby fat rolls just get me every time. He used to have way more of them but that kid is on the move now and trying to walk. He can walk and push around his toys, but not do it without them yet. It won't be long though.

      Delete
  4. What an adorable little boy. Looking at his little face brought smiles. Thanks.

    I've been in and out of mini flares -- all my own doing for overdoing it in the garden. I have this 'oh, it will just take a few more minutes' mentality some times/often. But no real complaints, all the summer plants are cleaned up. I even manage to plant a few things for the fall and also planted some winter peas as a cover crop.

    Take good care of yourself.
    Cheers
    SJ in Vancouver BC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment on our youngest grandson Tate. He is like his Momma, you can always tell how he is feeling because his face says it all. LOL!

      I'm sorry about your flares...you and I are so alike in our thinking. ;) I'm still busy harvesting things and need to get out into the garden today. I had planned on doing that this morning but I am having a hard time adjusting to the gabapentin...it is making me tired.

      I really wish you would start a blog...you have so much to share and I would love to see more of your daily life!

      (((((HUGS))))) to you!

      Delete
  5. On that boy is the sweetest! Just want to snuggle him!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!