Monday, May 3, 2021

Income Going Down, Quality of Life Going Up

  




   In my last post I shared how our income might be going down.  Today we found out it will be and we could not be happier! 😁  I know that might sound strange, but stick with me here.  Jeff applied for a different job at a building supply company as the person who works with the contractors and builders.  He has the skill set and experience for this since he worked at and helped set up a new building supply store in the past, was the yard supervisor there and also worked as a carpenter building homes.  He has the connections in the building industry and he is a local guy who knows a lot of people in the area.  The assistant manager of the store he will be working for is someone he worked for in the past and who knows and appreciates Jeff's work ethic.  The new job is in Moscow, Idaho (Jeff's hometown that he grew up in) and is a daytime shift!  Woohoo!  Mostly he will work on weekdays with an occasional Saturday thrown in.  Yes, he will no longer be part of the night dwelling mole people!  LOL!  His new job is also just a few miles from Jaysn and Rachel's new place, so on the Saturdays that he has to work, he can run out there and have lunch with them and Steven.  He will also be getting off in time to go to most of Bradley and Isaiah's baseball games during the week.  Win-win!


   Jeff called and gave 3 weeks notice at his current job and one of the owners there was really happy for him.  She sees how hard he works and can also see the toll that this job has taken on his body.  He could have just given two weeks notice but he knew that might put them in a bind and wanted to give them an extra week to try and find someone to take over his route so he could train them.  He could have just given them 2 weeks and taken the 3rd week as a vacation, but that is the kind of guy he is...a truly good and caring person.  


   It was wonderful to both hear and see the absolute relief and genuine excitement that he has over this new job.  It is a field that he loves and is good at, will give him great social interaction with people that he knows and cares about, and will be a lot less taxing on his body.  His quality of life is definitely going up, as will mine since he will not be in so much pain.  It has been extremely concerning to me to see how much pain he has been in and the frustration he has been experiencing.  I love him so much and want to do everything I can to protect him.  I have totally been behind him 100% on this much needed change and I know that together, Jeff and I can still do well on a reduced income.  We have a good plan in place and have already been implementing it in anticipation of this. 😉


   

   

12 comments:

  1. The new job sounds ideal for him and worth the reduction in pay! Sounds like it will all work out for the best. I'm excited for you! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bless. :) I cannot put into words how absolutely at peace I am with all of this.

      Delete
  2. So happy for you both. Glad your hubs found something so perfect and DAYS as well. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new job. And a day time job, yea! And I'm assuming a reasonable commute. I'm confident you two will figure out the new budget.
    I'm so happy to be able to comment again. I tried emailing way back but I think you didn't see it. In any case, I'm good. Winter was a little tough since I wasn't able to travel. But I stayed healthy, yea. I'm now enjoying garden work - two community plots plus the bed here at my apartment. I'm harvesting lettuce and some asparagus. Strawberries are flowering a lot. And I have beets and radish up as tender seedlings. Also some kale and chard that overwintered. I found another two artichoke plants at the nursery, so now have three. Oh my, the price!! But I paid it.
    Looking forward to reading more. Cheers
    SJ in Vancouver BC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad things are going well for you SJ. :) You are way ahead of me on the gardening. We are still working on getting our raised beds done this year. That is great that artichokes do well for you...they just die here. I don't think we have a long enough growing season and the winter kills them off.

      Delete
  4. That's wonderful, so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What terrific news!
    Will you be moving then?
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura! No, we are staying where we are. The new job is about a half hour's drive from our home. In the future though we are looking at moving into Idaho once more.

      Delete
  6. That's great news. Congratulations to your husband on his new job. M

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog posts. I really appreciate it and being able to get to know you through your comments. I hope you have a wonderful day!